Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Venemo View Post
I've just noticed when watching the detailed specifications of the N900, that it doesn't support the Hungarian language (among others).

Does it mean that the device won't be available in my country, or it only means that it won't support the language?
Rossz híreim vannak. Officially, no Internet Tablet was sold in Hungary (yes, I actually asked them ). Of course many were imported and resold, but it wasn't a 'real' Nokia release.

If so, since Maemo is an open platform, is there any way to translate it?
I believe you can translate most of it, but I'm not sure about the closed components.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 206 | Thanked: 72 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by paulkoan View Post
Does anyone know if the bluetooth stack in the n900 exposes a DUN profile?

The longer version of this question is "can I use this as a modem?".

The US translation may be "does this phone support tethering"? I am never certain about this last one, as the phrase "tethering" seems to have only come into parlance recently, and from the US, whereas I have used every phone I have owned for 10 years as a modem - even over IR before BT came on the scene.

So I wonder sometimes if it just got a name recently, or if it is a CDMA thing, which thankfully the rest of us in the world never really had to put up with.

Err.. sorry, rambling. Is there a DUN profile?
According to the product page on the website of Nokia Switzerland, it can be used in USB Modem.

Source:
Réseau de données

* GPRS classe A, classe 32 multislot, vitesse maximale jusqu'ŕ 107/64,2 kbps (DL/UL)
* EDGE classe A, classe 32 multislot, vitesse maximale jusqu'ŕ 296/177,6 kbps (DL/UL)
* WCDMA 900/1700/2100, vitesse maximale PS 384/384 kbps (DL/UL)
* HSPA, vitesse maximale 10 Mbits/s (DL), 2 Mbits/s (UL).
* Réseau sans fil IEEE 802.11b/g
* Sécurité réseau sans fil WLAN : WEP, WPA, WPA2
* Assistant WLAN
* Conçu pour la connectivité continue TCP/IP
* Peut servir de modem via la connexion USB
http://www.nokia.ch/produits/tous-le...specifications

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The N900 has a backlit keyboard!

See this picture:

See the source and other size here: Flickr Photo of Mdamt

Last edited by korbé; 2009-08-28 at 15:19.

The Following User Says Thank You to korbé For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by ysss View Post
Hey, is it just me or does the N900 have vsync issues when horizontally scrolling the screens? (swapping apps, home screens).

I saw it on the youtube video (interaction documentary: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RP5R-5NX1BE ), and pretty apparent just a few seconds into the video when showing the multiple home screens.
Could that just be a mismatch in the refresh rate of the camera and the screen? I.e. it might not actually look like that in the flesh.

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Rossz híreim vannak. Officially, no Internet Tablet was sold in Hungary (yes, I actually asked them ). Of course many were imported and resold, but it wasn't a 'real' Nokia release.
Actually, because the N900 is not just an internet tablet, but also a mobile phone (and it is much more hyped than the previous tablets) and according to some gossips, Maemo will replace S60 on the 'flagship' devices, so it should be available in this part of the world, too.

I believe you can translate most of it, but I'm not sure about the closed components.
Could you drop me a PM about this in more detail? (In Hungarian, if you prefer it. I only wrote in English, so that the others can understand it.)

Posts: 35 | Thanked: 16 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Holland
Originally Posted by pelago View Post
Could that just be a mismatch in the refresh rate of the camera and the screen? I.e. it might not actually look like that in the flesh.
Maybe an lighting that only works if it's dark enough like the nokia e65 had.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
It won't matter if the components are closed when the strings used won't be. That's what we're aiming for here as I said in my earlier comment.

Posts: 279 | Thanked: 208 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ London
Who wants this one..

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Who wants this one..

I wish the people that made that mentioned on the image that it's just a mockup. There's a lot of people out there saying "I'll wait for the E900 now" because of it.

The Following User Says Thank You to zerojay For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
I think the existence of this page answers the question.
http://www.nokia.hu/termekek/teljes-...#/main/landing

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by dansus View Post
Who wants this one..

gimme gimme gimme

Tags
fremantle, maemo, n900