Posts: 80 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Guatemala
Hi guys, it seems that Nokia is selling the N9 in my country (Guatemala).
They published some ads at local newspapers about a pre-sale, i will let you posted as new info comes out.

They also announced it via Twitter.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to diegofigueroa For This Useful Post:
Ok i bit the bullet and bought one from amazon through GSM imports for $727.00USD yesterday eve (64gb version). I still don't have a tracking number waiting for them to send me one. There is no contact number for these folks at least non that I can find. But they have been selling through amazon for a while now.

I hope it arrives here before the week is over! Can't wait till i get my hands on this black sexy N9

I will update how they deal with things.

Posts: 1,067 | Thanked: 313 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ USA
Originally Posted by navot View Post
Ok i bit the bullet and bought one from amazon through GSM imports for $727.00USD yesterday eve (64gb version). I still don't have a tracking number waiting for them to send me one. There is no contact number for these folks at least non that I can find. But they have been selling through amazon for a while now.

I hope it arrives here before the week is over! Can't wait till i get my hands on this black sexy N9

I will update how they deal with things.
I Need to buy another unit and saw that as well. But being 100 less than centromere else was not sure.

Please do update as per the time to receive and branding etc.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Looking forward to seeing how the worldwidevoltage.com sales go, especially Maj3stic's purchase to Canada.

They have the 16GB cyan that I crave. Hard to know if it is actually in stock (they don't display stock levels anywhere I can see).

Originally Posted by ceroberts75 View Post
I Need to buy another unit and saw that as well. But being 100 less than centromere else was not sure.

Please do update as per the time to receive and branding etc.
got a tracking number from them, they are shipping from fresno calif via UPS. UPS do not have my device yet though as they have not updated the status of the tracking #

est time of arrival will be 29th of nov.

Found the contact info for GSM imports: 1 559 862 8636 - customer support/sales

I called them and they said its from the factory OEM so Im hoping no branding going in the inside. Will update again when I get the phone.

Moderator | Posts: 7,109 | Thanked: 8,820 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Vancouver, BC, Canada
Oh! I was just told that newegg.ca now is carrying the N9 in Canada! Sure enough, there's my blue 16GB model, for $670 CAD ($750 after tax) with free shipping. That's still more than I was hoping to pay, but it is a lot cheaper than expensis.ca

Funny, they call it the "Nokia Lankku N9", I've never seen a retailer use the pre-production code name before.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Best prices I've seen in Australia for 16GB are quite a bit better than that (approx $590 CAD inc 10% GST).
I've only just started looking, doesn't mean I'll get much better than that though.

But your find isn't too bad, especially considering the N9's not officially available in Canada.
And at least you finally have a few local retailers stocking it now...
If it were me though, I'd probably buy it from country where it's officially available & cheaper.

Last edited by jalyst; 2011-11-28 at 15:41.

I got mine from SN Traders from Toronto. Seems like the price in on per with NewEgg. Shipping and taxes 750$ (For the 16gb). Not sure where NewEgg ships from, but SN were pretty fast, got mine 2 days after order.

The Following User Says Thank You to IsaacDFP For This Useful Post:
UPS suck bawls! My phone does not arrive till 12-5-11 its supposed to arrive today /sad panda indeed.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Someone mentioned in the other pricing thread that Newegg's fairly good now after a coupon
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=78574&page=66
I hope this improves Amazon, & in turn influences Newegg etc.
Of course, our NA friends are never going to have the pricing they could've, if everything had been different.

Tags
depression, nokia n9, purchase, the elop flop