Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
Simply fix the file, remove the media from your device and re-add them to your device, reboot and should work...

Sorry- but I'm not understanding the fix.

I'm trying to open terminal directly and type in "home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs" to which I get a "Permission Denied" response. Am I doing something wrong?

Mybad. Dunno much.

Originally Posted by TheTranceGamer View Post
Sorry- but I'm not understanding the fix.

I'm trying to open terminal directly and type in "home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs" to which I get a "Permission Denied" response. Am I doing something wrong?

Mybad. Dunno much.
Code:
nano home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs

Originally Posted by thedead1440 View Post
Code:
nano home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs
/bin/sh: nano not found

Originally Posted by TheTranceGamer View Post
/bin/sh: nano not found
as root,

apt-get install nano

Hi all,

This is a great thread that talks about same issue I have with my N9 - it suddenly stopped showing in the Gallery my new screenshots or images created from other apps, while still showing the old ones. Then the Gallery also stopped showing some of my photos too The good neww is that the images and photos are still in the phone and accessible via USB.

Did you figure out what is the way to fix it?

Thanks!!!

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
Hi all,

This is a great thread that talks about same issue I have with my N9 - it suddenly stopped showing in the Gallery my new screenshots or images created from other apps, while still showing the old ones. Then the Gallery also stopped showing some of my photos too The good neww is that the images and photos are still in the phone and accessible via USB.

Did you figure out what is the way to fix it?

Thanks!!!
devel-su
rootme
apt-get install nano
nano /home/user/.config/user-dirs.dirs
show me the output

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

Oh and all the steps I told you or will tell you are already mentioned before here by thedead, if you misunderstand something reread the previous page.

I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Originally Posted by AMD View Post
Oh and all the steps I told you or will tell you are already mentioned before here by thedead, if you misunderstand something reread the previous page.
First and foremost: thank you for engaging!

Now, allow me to clarify the assumption here, that no everyone who knows how to post in maemo.org know what "devel-su" actually means and what to do with it. Luckily I started my maemo with N900 and had to do lots of terminal from scratch. Yet I an still a big nOOb.

Also, things mentioned before didn't tell to start with "devel-su".

And lastly, I #FAIL, because having just tried your advice terminal asks me for password IDK

Originally Posted by Discoveryellow View Post
First and foremost: thank you for engaging!

Now, allow me to clarify the assumption here, that no everyone who knows how to post in maemo.org know what "devel-su" actually means and what to do with it. Luckily I started my maemo with N900 and had to do lots of terminal from scratch. Yet I an still a big nOOb.

Also, things mentioned before didn't tell to start with "devel-su".

And lastly, I #FAIL, because having just tried your advice terminal asks me for password IDK
when they say 'as root' they mean, start with devel-su and then continue. Because devel-su roots your device.

The Following User Says Thank You to AMD For This Useful Post: