Active Topics

Posts: 1,455 | Thanked: 3,309 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Rochester, NY
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
xterminal shows(kernel-config show) min 125 max 600
??????
You have battery patch installed. It's the only thing that sets the lower limit to 125Mhz (unless you did so by hand, but then you'd know that...) Please go to the battery patch thread for help with that.

Reality: You do not want to use 125Mhz. It's unstable, can cause slow wakeups (missed calls), and saves almost nothing over using 250Mhz as the base. In fact, there are good arguments to be made for setting the min to 500Mhz, as it's the most efficient when it comes to cycles of work per mAh.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to woody14619 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
The sensor should not be enabled when the screen is locked, but who knows
Any way to determine it for sure? Checking flags via ssh?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Estel View Post
any random -devel (or not) program can get "Stuck" in 100%
MicroB's browserd can even manage to this, let alone delving into -devel.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 266 | Thanked: 156 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ India
Originally Posted by jutley View Post
How can I change my min to 125mhz I use kp50.
as sir woody said 125 will cause lags.. u know the name of the profile u use???go to xterm and type
leafpad(or vi)/usr/share/kernel-power-settings/your profile name.. change it there and save it..

The Following User Says Thank You to visN900 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 87 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Unknown
Originally Posted by nicholes View Post
i have updated from KP48 to KP50 works fine

but i have noticed that my N900 temperature is much high(i can feel it)while charging and also when i see conky it show 500Mhz but xterminal shows(kernel-config show) min 125 max 600
??????
after making/receiving a phone call the min in kernel-config always changes to 125 for some reason.

Last edited by g0r; 2012-05-03 at 01:33.

Originally Posted by visN900 View Post
as sir woody said 125 will cause lags.. u know the name of the profile u use???go to xterm and type
leafpad(or vi)/usr/share/kernel-power-settings/your profile name.. change it there and save it..
Hi, I am using QCPUFREQ to set the maximum frequency on my phone. How can I adjust the minimum frequency to 500 MHz? My phone always shows min freq at 125 MHz in xterm. (yes, I did install batterypatch long before; andI think I did not remove it properly). Can you help me fix that? Thank you in advance.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by g0r View Post
after making/receiving a phone call the min in kernel-config always changes to 125 for some reason.
I think this is 100% normal, but it really doesn't mean anything. I believe it still avoids that speed even though making a call changes the setting. Something like that, nothing to be concerned about, has been discussed at length.

Last edited by geneven; 2012-05-03 at 04:28.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to geneven For This Useful Post:
It would be great to have the possibility to choose if leave it on while in standby or not.

On the other hand, maybe that the issue is not with the sensors (that for logging application may stay active also while in standby) but with the hildon-desktop polling them.

Could someone confirm the difference in battery drain?

The Following User Says Thank You to xes For This Useful Post:
A simple way to test would be to run dbus-monitor on the system us. As you move the n900 through various orientations you will get messages on the bus WRT the phones position.

I have disabled the accelerometer by removing its module from mce.ini. This means no desktop rotation under any circumstance (unless a program specifically uses the accelerometer i.e. cloudgps)

It makes 0 difference to battery life. The 'heartbeat' daemon still runs and checks stuff anyway.

125MHz is pointless. The performance hit is so bad that the n900 lags like shít and the battery savings are negligible. The n900 sits at 125MHz for a short time, then as soon as there is any load too much it jumps to your maximum speed. Thus it spends most of the time at your max speed because 125 is so weak. The ONLY way you can use 125 is if you use the conservative governer with up_threshold 77, down threshold 75. This causes a LOT of frequency switching however the device does spend a lot of time at 125/250 while still being able to scale up effectively. It still lags like crap though.

Code:
#!/bin/sh
echo conservative > /opt/cpufreq/scaling_governor
echo 249600 > /opt/cpufreq/scaling_min_freq
echo 1500000 > /opt/cpufreq/conservative/sampling_rate
echo 11 > /opt/cpufreq/conservative/freq_step
echo "77" > /opt/cpufreq/conservative/up_threshold
echo "75" > /opt/cpufreq/conservative/down_threshold
I experimented with this for a while but could not find any benefit. (I also tried without the 250MHz minimum).

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to vi_ For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
im gonna miss my n900 now, my son throw it away into the water because angry while playing fruitninja, and booooom, its died now, try to fry it atm, sorry for OOT,

The Following User Says Thank You to ibrakalifa For This Useful Post:

Tags
battery test, i <3 fmg, i <3 pali, igottaboner, kernel, kernel-power, viva fmg, viva pali