Notices

well after so many times of installing and unistalling the app. finally i made it!!!!!!!! now its ok sending and receiving mms. i dont know what was the problem but i just unistall and then install again and voila its working.

I've been having problems too... unable to send or recieve. I'm on PR1.3. Network is 3UK.

I was using 'polite' and 'rude' but have just tried 'havoc' and now it seems to work.

Oh. It worked a couple of times but now isn't. I'm getting a different error message now.

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
I've been following the MMS wiki and have PR1.3 and getting an error stating "Operation Failed. TIMED OUT. Please check your settings" and I'm following this wiki btw http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS which seems a little dated. I'm in polite mode and everything

Posts: 203 | Thanked: 14 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ California, United States
actually I got it to work after switching it to Havoc mode

Hi everyone .

Sorry for being a total noob here (I am totally out of my depth here ;-) LOL)

I too have being having problems since updating to PR1.3 with varying errors depending on the settings I use . The best result I had was managing to receive an MMS but cannot send any . Then rest the device and got the same message 3 times all at the same time .

Just as a side note as I don't know if this could be related but I cannot use WI-FI to update the app catologue only 3G , whereas before on PR1.2 I could use WI-FI . Also my 3G connection seems to have slowed down too and seems to switch between 3G and 3.5G a lot more frequently as if it's "hunting" for a stable connection . On 1.2 it would find the best connection and "lock on" but now seems to be on-off-on-off-on . particularly when downloading files . not as bad for web pages for some reason .

Hope Fraals can find a quick soloution to this "small" problem soon but I feel the soloution is going to be a lot more complex than it appears on the surface .

Thanks to everyone for their support on this especially Fraals for all his hard work , it is very much appreciated .

Fattrucker

P.S.

I had this set up fine on PR1.2 even with using my regular internet access point (with a small adjustment.) and I was able to send "Large" pics too .

I also did a force upgrade to PR1:3 via Maemo Flasher . Could this be a bad install causing these problems for me and others ? It was an official Nokia image and the world release as far as I know .

Last edited by fattrucker; 2010-11-08 at 13:48. Reason: Added info

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by fattrucker View Post
Just as a side note as I don't know if this could be related but I cannot use WI-FI to update the app catologue only 3G , whereas before on PR1.2 I could use WI-FI .
Seems like you have some weird connectivity issues going on, and without /tmp/fmms.log I can't really say anything else

Btw, I updated the translations file to include some new strings, please help update them on transifex! http://www.transifex.net/projects/p/fmms/c/ui/

Also updated troubleshooting section on the wikipage: http://wiki.maemo.org/MMS#Troubleshooting_fMMS

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

I've attached a log file in case it's of any help....

By the way I am a bit confused about this advice in the troubleshooting guide:

How to verify settings are correct
Select 'Polite' mode in fMMS configuration
Press the taskbar (where signal strength, battery etc is shown), connect to the internet connection called "MMS"
If this fails, your settings are wrong.
If this suceeds, proceed
I don't have an internet connection called "MMS"
Attached Files
File Type: zip fmms.log.zip (3.8 KB, 113 views)

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
I've attached a log file in case it's of any help....
What format/what did you type in the "To" field? your MMSC replied: MMSC RESPONDED: {'Transaction-Id': '43630', 'Response-Text': '4501:Recipient list corrupt', 'MMS-Version': '1.0', 'Message-Type': 'm-send-conf', 'Response-Status': 'Error-message-format-corrupt'}

Originally Posted by col37400 View Post
By the way I am a bit confused about this advice in the troubleshooting guide:

I don't have an internet connection called "MMS"
That is because you failed step one of the guide.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

Last edited by frals; 2010-11-09 at 06:37.

The Following User Says Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
Posts: 4 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ australia
a big thank you to frals for getting to the bottom of the issue i had with messages not loading + messages dissapearing.

he found that the fault was with one of my contacts avatar pictures being corrupted.

i change the offending avatar pic, and BAM all my fmms messages reappeared!!

PROBLEM SOLVED!

everyone get on board and donate something to frals for the fmms project. even for a few bucks just to say thanks, especially seeing all the time he puts into it + replying to peoples posts here and solving problems!

THANK YOU FRALS!

Originally Posted by frals View Post
Please send /tmp/fmms.log to fmms@frals.se if you havent rebooted your device since, otherwise please send it the next time it happens

Regarding everyone having problems after upgrade to 1.3, please attach /tmp/fmms.log so I can try to debug, upgraded all my devices without any issues so unable to reproduce here

What format/what did you type in the "To" field? your MMSC replied: MMSC RESPONDED: {'Transaction-Id': '43630', 'Response-Text': '4501:Recipient list corrupt', 'MMS-Version': '1.0', 'Message-Type': 'm-send-conf', 'Response-Status': 'Error-message-format-corrupt'}
^yes, that's the error that I get on screen when the sending fails.

I just typed a regular UK mobile phone number (my own number as I was just doing it as a test to see if it worked). 07958xxxxxx

That is because you failed step one of the guide.
Yes... but how to fix it?!

I've double-checked all my settings against those in the Wiki, here (for Three UK)

I've even tried changing the "Access point name" from three.co.uk (as per the wiki) to mms.three.co.uk (as I've seen it listed elsewhere) but the same happens.

I'm kind of confused about APNs...in the earlier versions of fMMS you had to create one with fAPN, right? But according to the instructions this is no longer necessary. In any case, in the settings for 3 uk in the wiki it says
Connection Name: 3 (no need to create new APN)

Tags
bada rox, bada rulez, fmms, mms, mms config, n900, python