Notices

Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by jflatt View Post
Max texture size and max render buffer on SGX 530 is 2048x2048
Thanks. I was suspecting something like that. Can you provide a chapter and verse, please? I was looking for that but could not find it. Also, pardon my ignorance, but what is SGX 530?

Edit: Never mind, I found it. Thanks again!

Last edited by pichlo; 2014-07-17 at 00:06.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 485 | Thanked: 708 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Galiza
Originally Posted by pichlo View Post
Thanks. I was suspecting something like that. Can you provide a chapter and verse, please? I was looking for that but could not find it. Also, pardon my ignorance, but what is SGX 530?
PowerVR SGX530 is the GPU present in Nokia N900 & N9.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hariainm For This Useful Post:
OK, case closed, thanks to all who replied. FYI, the problem was QGLWidget. Replacing it with QWidget not only solved the problem but also made the redrawing much faster. The program also starts faster and is a bit smaller. All win, no lose.

The Following User Says Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
OK, case closed, thanks to all who replied. FYI, the problem was QGLWidget. Replacing it with QWidget not only solved the problem but also made the redrawing much faster. The program also starts faster and is a bit smaller. All win, no lose.
Yeah, I was going to ask if you were using QGLWidget for performance reasons (hardware acceleration). I have found in the past that using a QGLWidget for the viewport when rendering QGraphicsItems on the N900 is actually slower than using a plain QWidget.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
To continue with silly questions, I have a need to scroll an area only a few hundred pixels high but potentially a hundred million or more pixels wide. Has anyone tried that? I've only gone as high as a couple million and my device rebooted while initializing the area. Presumably the damn watchdog again. Any idea how to implement kinetic scrolling myself?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
implement dynamic buffering yourself

To continue with silly questions, I have a need to scroll an area only a few hundred pixels high but potentially a hundred million or more pixels wide.
Out of curiosity, what is it? The hundred millions pixels wide thing?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

@coderus, that's what I kinda hoped to avoid. Doing that, I may as well implement the whole thing myself. Which I may have to do anyway since I need the vertical scroll bar on the left and for the life of me can't figure out how to persuade stock QScrollArea to do that.

@Estel, can you think of any application when you may need to plot a long graph with a narrow vertical range?

Posts: 6,436 | Thanked: 12,699 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Ängelholm, Sweden
@pichlo you need dynamic plotting indeed. Drawing whole thing and keeping it in memory in some "scrollable" is VERY bad idea

Posts: 1,548 | Thanked: 7,510 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Czech Republic
The QtQuick 2.0 Canvas supports tiled rendering - maybe check how it is implemented (I looked at its source and it is quite readable ) for inspiration ?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MartinK For This Useful Post: