Posts: 1,994 | Thanked: 3,342 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ N900: Battery low. N950: torx 4 re-used once and fine; SIM port torn apart
When is voting going to start?.. It's Jan already

Happy New Year!

Thank you. Best wishes.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Wikiwide For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Just one photo for last month, that's the problem. I would've arranged the voting myself but I'm disappointed. I don't know what to do to attract more people besides offering real rewrds (and that isn't the point of this competition), or maybe make it without a theme - every photo goes.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
Just one photo for last month
Maybe, but I've counted 4 altogether (or 5 if you count the fire engine one, but I do not think it fits the theme).
4 should be enough for voting, no?

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Half-Life_4_Life View Post
Just one photo for last month, that's the problem.
I don't think this is a big deal... Let's play with whom wants to play. I like the idea of having a theme because it represents one more challenge. This way the competition doesn't run just for better photos (technically and aesthetically) but creativity is also important.
If i can help with anything just let me know.
Thank you.

The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to saponga For This Useful Post:
Posts: 661 | Thanked: 1,625 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Croatia,Zagreb
Yes, I'm sorry about all that. Can I propose that in the future, when I don't gather the photos for voting that someone else does it so that we don't keep the people from waiting. And sorry for giving you trouble and keeping you waiting. Again. It's just that I get so lazy and unmotivated sometimes. And since the school is starting next week there isn't any room for that anymore. So let the voting start...

1.Dongle Fongle - Nokia N900

2.saponga - Nokia N900

3.robthebold - Nokia N9

4.ste-phan - Nokia 808 Pureview

The voting rules:
don't vote for yourself
vote for only one entry
only one vote alowed
no changing!
put the name in bold

I vote for saponga.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Half-Life_4_Life For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6,445 | Thanked: 20,981 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ UK
2.saponga - Nokia N900

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pichlo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 54 times | Joined on Sep 2012 @ New York City
#4 ste-phan - Nokia 808

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to valiant29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 649 | Thanked: 762 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Ohio
#2, saponga.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to imaginaryenemy For This Useful Post:
How about choosing a proper, easy to do theme? One that you can do on your own, without looking creepy photographing other photographers.
Most people go out alone as photographer, and are the only one in the group photographing.
Motorola M3688 → Ericsson R320 → Siemens S40 → Motorola V60c → Palm Treo 650 → Blackberry 9000 → Nokia N900 → HP Pre 3 → Nokia N900 → Nokia N9 → Nokia N900 → Nokia 808 → Blackberry Z10 → Blackberry Passport

Only dead fish swim with the stream.

Last edited by The Wizard of Huz; 2016-01-09 at 20:41.

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to The Wizard of Huz For This Useful Post:
Community Council | Posts: 4,920 | Thanked: 12,867 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Southerrn Finland
This one was a real tough competition, but the few partaking images were good. I'll try to do a short review of each here;

1.) Dongle Fongle: Realy nice one, the strangeness of it is enchanting. Having a double reflection in the center framed by the round front mirror is absolutely crazy!

2.) Saponga: Very good composition, first thought is maybe a tighter shot could enhance it but no, that would have messed the leading line of the coast. So, perfectly done!

3.) Robthebold: Damn that tower which messes up the raised hand. If only that was offset it would be a perfect streetshot. Very good eyecontact with the main group!

4.) Ste-Phan: good street-photo material, almost HCB'ish shot of a defining moment. The background textures really make this picture.

And my pick for the winner, is: #4, Ste-Phan

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to juiceme For This Useful Post:

Tags
camera, competition, november, photographer