Notices

Posts: 291 | Thanked: 398 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ USA
Originally Posted by debernardis View Post
Might be that Mr. Google doesn't like that in app is called Youtube - I mean, a non-official app. Also the use of the Youtube logo might be considered questionable...
Thanks for bringing that up, I never thought I will release these changes to public; the logo will be replaced with something else in the next update.

Originally Posted by romanianusa View Post
Good modification and i actually prefer it over the Marxian QML version. The only thing i wish is you leave the "comment" and "related videos" in the same page like the QML version but i guess it can't be done since it's not a QML version.
It's not that it can't be done, the thing is video thumbnail already occupied almost half of the screen, though it can be resized when comment button activated, but I still figure out the way to do it effectively without adding too many code lines to the app. Performance is always my ultimate goal. As you can see this app source code is only less than half of the size of original one.

Originally Posted by pelago View Post
The app's called YTube, not YouTube, but I agree the use of the logo might not be a good idea...

Nice to see someone taking up the Python version of CuteTube and improving it. Out of interest, did you discuss this or send patches to Marxian first? He might have wanted to update his version with your improvements.
I did post several changes in his thread but he seems to want peoples start using his QML version instead.

Originally Posted by Wichall View Post
What are the benefits of a python version vs QML?
- Ex. built-in video player, and many things I rather don't discuss them here. Download and try them both for yourself, and uninstall them just as easy as a push of button.

Originally Posted by ggroen View Post
Looks real great! Plays well as well, no hick ups or starting problems, but.. In my case I can'return to the beginning after playing a video. The 'backwards' button revokes the same video over and over... Someting I overlook or a bug?
Push once will restart the video, push again will take you back to previous video; it’s a default behavior of almost every media player. For playing single video the backwards/forward buttons won't be visible, use slider to move back and forth.

Originally Posted by slender View Post
In video list view title text of video overlaps description text
You meant the video info screen? The description area is scrollable which you may have accidentally scrolled it.

Finally, thank you all for submitting your feedbacks here, which really helps in the next update. And I want you all to know that I won't push out an update just for single or a few small changes unless it's a critical bug. I currently aim at least more than 5 improvements or changes to worth an update, which of course is more convenience for me and for everyone as well. And all the changes are always thoroughly tested on the N900 device before they are in repository.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Khuong,

Really enjoying this update of cutetube! Love that it plays video internally but in separate window for multitasking purposes.

Encountered one hiccup though. The continuous play from playlist or queue most of the time just stops randomly after 2 or more vids. This rarely happens with the old cutetube with same playlist.

One wishlist from me. If you can somehow incorporate xtube into this thing hehe, this would own all youtube apps, imo.

Anyway, great work and keep it up!

Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Khuong,

Really enjoying this update of cutetube! Love that it plays video internally but in separate window for multitasking purposes.

Encountered one hiccup though. The continuous play from playlist or queue most of the time just stops randomly after 2 or more vids. This rarely happens with the old cutetube with same playlist.

One wishlist from me. If you can somehow incorporate xtube into this thing hehe, this would own all youtube apps, imo.

Anyway, great work and keep it up!
You just made me listen to a lousy of several videos worth of 30mins. playing time and I didn't see the problem you described. There's many possibility that can caused the interuption, unstable internet connection, slow connection, too many running processes on the device...etc...
And one other think i should mention that even though the video is running on seperate window and you can multi-task while playing video in background but it is still a child widget of the one that launched it. If you clicked that back arrow icon on top right of the window that you played the videos it will destroy the videoplayer window, you can still click on the video item to launch the video info screen and back out from it without closing the player. Also if you click play on another video while the videoplayer is opened or playing, it will tell the player to start playing the new video. Oh you didn't say if it stopped playing or the player was destroyed.

About your question on xtube ..I do not have time for it now, and there are still some room for improvement with this app. I do not plan on adding a bunch of feature which come with a bunch of bugs, I rather perfect the existing one and then move on to the next.

Posts: 968 | Thanked: 663 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australia (Melbourne/vic) / Lebanon (Zgharta/north)
awesome, awesome awesome app, just one bug, videos in mobile format wont play for some reason .....

Originally Posted by elie-7 View Post
awesome, awesome awesome app, just one bug, videos in mobile format wont play for some reason .....
Thanks for the comment, Hmm, I never tried the mobile format(17). But after you mention it, I checked it out and indeed seem broken, then I checked the page on youtube server and most of my uploaded videos don't even have that format listed, seem I need to put some attention on that. Anyway stick with 18, and some videos are restricted to web viewing only where they can show you their ads. The best bet is set it to what it worked which is 18. Again, thanks for bringing it to my attention.

The Following User Says Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
the logo will be replaced with something else in the next update.
Don't change it........... I really like it
and I'm very sure other people will like it too

The Following User Says Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by khuong View Post
You just made me listen to a lousy of several videos worth of 30mins. playing time and I didn't see the problem you described. There's many possibility that can caused the interuption, unstable internet connection, slow connection, too many running processes on the device...etc...
And one other think i should mention that even though the video is running on seperate window and you can multi-task while playing video in background but it is still a child widget of the one that launched it. If you clicked that back arrow icon on top right of the window that you played the videos it will destroy the videoplayer window, you can still click on the video item to launch the video info screen and back out from it without closing the player. Also if you click play on another video while the videoplayer is opened or playing, it will tell the player to start playing the new video. Oh you didn't say if it stopped playing or the player was destroyed.

About your question on xtube ..I do not have time for it now, and there are still some room for improvement with this app. I do not plan on adding a bunch of feature which come with a bunch of bugs, I rather perfect the existing one and then move on to the next.
Thanks for checking in on it. You could be right. Maybe it is my internet connection... oh well.

However, I've ran across just a few vids that do not play for whatever reason. They play in the actual website browser but not in any cutetube, -qml, etc. versions. Try this vid for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQLteoUiQQ or search through relevance for " girl riding mechanical bull " and play the very first video.

Thanks!

The Following User Says Thank You to m2k For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by m2k View Post
Thanks for checking in on it. You could be right. Maybe it is my internet connection... oh well.

However, I've ran across just a few vids that do not play for whatever reason. They play in the actual website browser but not in any cutetube, -qml, etc. versions. Try this vid for example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joQLteoUiQQ or search through relevance for " girl riding mechanical bull " and play the very first video.

Thanks!
That video is not on the safelist and need age verification and safesearch mode turn off in your youtube acct.

I just uploaded the new update to repository, below is the list of changes. Enjoy!

v1-2:
  • Much faster video browsing, less memory and bandwidth usage by requesting only needed data fields from youtube server.
  • Added account functions options bar for easy access.
  • Added new menu button function in VideoInfo Screen to load Responses videos for a specific video.
  • Added video counts to playlist screen.
  • Simplified screen navigation, easy playlist and subscription access.
  • Comments can now be fetched up to maximum of 1000 entries.
  • New Logo on main screen.
  • Remove Videoplayback Quality setting Option( Mobile quality is no longer supported ).

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to khuong For This Useful Post:
Posts: 168 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Damn,this is developing into a beast

When I hit "My Channel" I can't go back to the startscreen. Theres a X in the top right corner where it should be a back arrow. Or is it supposed that be that way?

One other thing I noticed with this, and the orginal cuteTube version, is that there's a short black period before starting the video. Would it be possible to add a "Loading" or dots sequence in this space? Just to let the user to know that there's something going on.

Nice overhaul anyway,thanks