Active Topics

Hi! im having a problem with the memory card on my n900. this is what happened. a few hours back i was watching a movie on my n900 which was stored on the (16Gb) memory card. it was playing perfectly. afterwards when i was done watching i put phn to charge and when i came back and wanted to listen to a song (also stored on the memory card) it wasnt there. i checked the file manager and opened the memory card, all my files were gone and i was getting a "memory card corrupted" notification. i shut my phn off and on several times but nothing worked. any clues? plz help i had alot of pics and vids on the memory card. i dont wanna loose em. any advice will be welcomed!

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
Originally Posted by ghani khan View Post
Hi! im having a problem with the memory card on my n900. this is what happened. a few hours back i was watching a movie on my n900 which was stored on the (16Gb) memory card. it was playing perfectly. afterwards when i was done watching i put phn to charge and when i came back and wanted to listen to a song (also stored on the memory card) it wasnt there. i checked the file manager and opened the memory card, all my files were gone and i was getting a "memory card corrupted" notification. i shut my phn off and on several times but nothing worked. any clues? plz help i had alot of pics and vids on the memory card. i dont wanna loose em. any advice will be welcomed!

keep the phone on take out ur backcover and then tack out your memory card then reinsert it and put back cover back . If this solves your ur problem then ok otherwise scandisk with pc

nopes tried that before but dosent work! and ahan kay thanks anyway though!

Posts: 404 | Thanked: 186 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Dehradun,India
then do this in terminal you need rootsh installed

root
umount /media/mmc1(just press tab after media)
fsck.vfat /dev/mmcblk1p1

i had that 2, but now, my sd card read is completely dead. the sd card i was having problem with reads fine everywhere else

has anyone experienced a dead sd reader other than me?