Active Topics

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
After hearing that PR1.2 will not bring video calls to Skype or bring Google Plus integration - I use Google Hangouts as well.

There are many other issues I have with PR1.1.1 (using my Dubai purchased N9 now) and honestly I doubt that they will get fixed.

Moderator | Posts: 5,320 | Thanked: 4,464 times | Joined on Oct 2009
Little bit early to be starting this thread....
We've received a strong hint ages ago from melsop (twitter/meego head) that it'll begin rolling-out 29/02.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
Little bit early to be starting this thread....
We've received a strong hint ages ago from melsop (twitter/meego head) that it'll begin rolling-out 29/02.
What are you talking about?
we need PR1.2 as fast as possible.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Jalyst is right, already said ....useless thread ....

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Why not ignore the thread and focus on how we can get our hands on pr 1.2 as fast as possible. It should have been out by now if we had started this thread earlier.

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,464 | Thanked: 5,107 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Gothenburg in Sweden
Originally Posted by Chuck Norris View Post
The whole PR1.2 is a big WONTFIX!

why do you even need pr1.2. It's not like nokia suddenly cares about its customers. Its to much for nokia to fix to be on an even level with android. I say: leave my n9 alone with your shitty pr and release the sourcecode for maemo and meego instead.

browser and keyboard need so much work to be able to navigate fast and use as a substitute for a desktop. Why not swipe within browser?why not arrows to navigate? Why not...?
maliit and webkit is actually open source why dont you go help with that instead of trolling!?

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
maliit and webkit is actually open source why dont you go help with that instead of trolling!?
Webkit being open source doesn't really help. Webkit isn't the problem. The problem is the lack of basic features in grob, and grob is closed.

Nokia should either:

A. Open source all software components in Harmattan.

B. Treat their paying customers with more respect and fix the bugs and bring the feature-level up to something more appropriate for a smartphone in 2012. No more WONTFIX's.

if (!(A || B)) {
Why choose N9?
}

if (you want a closed device that lacks basic features, yet can be jailbroken) {
Why not just buy an iPhone? At least it haz moar appz.
}

My website

GitHub

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by mikecomputing View Post
]

Mike on the bike,
I have tried with the keyboard and when it comes to the browser, it's not possible to change the GUI as I want.

Are you always aggressive?

I would rather Nokia take time to polish up PR1.2 release. To me their QA could still improve, in the beta release there are minor bugs here and there that I am surprised not found beforehand internally...

Last edited by sony123; 2012-02-20 at 07:39.

The Following User Says Thank You to sony123 For This Useful Post:
So no N950 users are happy about the PR1.2??
What hope is there for us regular N9 usersers. It's not like Nokia adding lots of new features to the PR1.2 after the N950 launch. But lets hope they adding some features and not just bugfixes and clean up work.

We need a leak!

Tags
bugfix-focused, dashed hopes, nokia fanbois, popcorn, pr1.3, pr1.3 party, troll alert