Posts: 56 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ finland
I was just wondering, do you have any plans to have more landscape support in the future? like dialer, contacts, calc, settings and such, would really like those as I don't like using phone in portrait that much :P I'd probably do that myself but pretty much got no clue about editing CSS files (oh well, some minor editing i can do but thats pretty much it), if thats even done by editing them. other than that, awesome app, havnt had any problems so far ^^

The Following User Says Thank You to TrD For This Useful Post:
Do you think that N9 can lock screen like android, using the electro beam animation?

Download it at Maemo Garage or at extras-devel

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Stormraider View Post
I think for best contrast and readability changing the blue color to a really dark grey would be best.
That way the bubbles would be light grey with black text for outgoing messages and dark grey with white text for incoming messages.
Ok, will see when I have some time...

Originally Posted by TrD View Post
I was just wondering, do you have any plans to have more landscape support in the future? like dialer, contacts, calc, settings and such, would really like those as I don't like using phone in portrait that much :P I'd probably do that myself but pretty much got no clue about editing CSS files (oh well, some minor editing i can do but thats pretty much it), if thats even done by editing them. other than that, awesome app, havnt had any problems so far ^^
No it's not only .css files.. sorry but I don't know how to do this, If it is possible at all...

Originally Posted by mikhail_ramalho View Post
Do you think that N9 can lock screen like android, using the electro beam animation?
I don't know..

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Posts: 56 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Cape Town,South Africa
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post

No it's not only .css files.. sorry but I don't know how to do this, If it is possible at all...

I don't know..
First of all my compliments for an excellent addition to an already exciting phone.
I got a problem however trying to update my V5.7 to V6.1. Downloading gave me no problems,but installing (double tap on .deb file) was not possible.
I tried several times,but each time it did not finish the installing of the script.
Made a back up on the phone before,so V5.7 is still there. Any idea how I can solve this?
Thanks and keep up the great work!

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Thanks for looking into it when you have the time.
I've been looking in the folders on the phone with the app file manager and found something interesting. It looks to me as there already are some color variations made for the message bubbles. It looked like you could have blue, orange, pink and green

Found the images here
"\usr\share\themes\blanco\meegotouch\images\messag ing-ui"

Originally Posted by Loepoes View Post
First of all my compliments for an excellent addition to an already exciting phone.
I got a problem however trying to update my V5.7 to V6.1. Downloading gave me no problems,but installing (double tap on .deb file) was not possible.
I tried several times,but each time it did not finish the installing of the script.
Made a back up on the phone before,so V5.7 is still there. Any idea how I can solve this?
Thanks and keep up the great work!
The better way if you will install v5.8 -> 6.0 ->6.1
Because this version will create backup of some files for new tweaks... (see changelog).. If you don't want, you always can use my clean backup from the first post...
If you still have problem with installation, see the PDF instruction for explanation about solution..
From PDF:
SOLVING installation problem (some options):
1. Reboot your phone and try to install again (double click on the .deb file).
2. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> N9 QTweak -> Uninstall. After this reboot your phone and try to install again (double click on the .deb file).
3. Go to Settings -> Applications -> Manage applications -> N9 QTweak -> Uninstall. After this go to /opt folder with WinSCP or FileBox as ROOT and check if you see folder named "N9QTweak". If yes, delete this folder and try to install again (double click on the .deb file).
4. Open terminal as ROOT and try to install with command: dpkg -i /path/to/the/file And write output in this thread..
Originally Posted by Stormraider View Post
Thanks for looking into it when you have the time.
I've been looking in the folders on the phone with the app file manager and found something interesting. It looks to me as there already are some color variations made for the message bubbles. It looked like you could have blue, orange, pink and green
Found the images here
"\usr\share\themes\blanco\meegotouch\images\messag ing-ui"
I know about this files... I tried to do something nice with messaging UI but without success... I don't found the background images or files, that I can change the background color for creating Black UI... Changing only bubbles it's not interesting, you can do this manually, by editing this pictures from: /usr/share/themes/blanco/meegotouch/images/messaging-ui
See this pic:

If you like this incoming bubbles instead the light blue, you can change them by this commands in terminal:
Code:
devel-su
rootme
sed -i '256 s/normal/pressed/;267 s/pressed/normal/g' /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libmessagingwidgets0/style/libmessagingwidgets0.css
sed -i '54 s/normal/pressed/;75 s/pressed/normal/g' /usr/share/themes/base/meegotouch/libmms-messaging-plugin/style/libmms-messaging-plugin.css
killall -KILL messaging-ui
That all..

Last edited by Schturman; 2012-05-18 at 21:09.

Hi there,

I installed the Quick Tweak and tried to change the background image/Theme for the home screen but for some reason it is appearing in orange colour and doesn't seem to change. May be I am not sure if I used the correct tweak but I am not able to restore the background in spite of using Restore Settings. Also, the messages are not responding properly. When I click on the 'Messages' it goes inside and when I try to read a message it comes back to the home screen.

Thanks.

Originally Posted by thameem View Post
Hi there,

I installed the Quick Tweak and tried to change the background image/Theme for the home screen but for some reason it is appearing in orange colour and doesn't seem to change. May be I am not sure if I used the correct tweak but I am not able to restore the background in spite of using Restore Settings. Also, the messages are not responding properly. When I click on the 'Messages' it goes inside and when I try to read a message it comes back to the home screen.

Thanks.
1. Which PR you have, 1.1 or 1.2 ?
2. which version of N9QTweak you installed ?
3. Do you read PDF instruction ?
4. Do you created backup on the first run of this app (tweak K) ?

Anyway, in the first post you can download my clean backup:
1. download
2. extract from ZIP
3. transfer extracted folder to your phone to: /home/user/MyDocs
4. Open N9QTweak app -> go to tweak your activated -> choose restore option..

5. If #4 not help -> choose Tweak Z.. if also not help = reflash..

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by flopjoke View Post
Loving the Alarm UI mod and the operator tweak. Thanks again for the awesome work!

I didn't get what the new Tweak H does.. I already have FileBox Root.. so should I uninstall the earlier version and install this to get that tweak working? Or will installing it over the old one remove the FileBoxRoot icon? If so, how do I access FileBox with root if the icon is gone?
Just reapply tweak H-2

Tags
hebrew vkb, n9 qtweak, n9 quick tweak, n9 quicktweak, root-ssh