Originally Posted by ibrakalifa View Post
and is this normal if gps never found my current location even it says 3 satellites work?
Yes, that can be normal behaviour for ANY gps-unit, depending on the positions of the satellites. If the 3 satellites are very close together the unit may not be able to calculate a position.

Posts: 1,583 | Thanked: 1,203 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Everywhere
Originally Posted by hw9xx View Post
Yes, that can be normal behaviour for ANY gps-unit, depending on the positions of the satellites. If the 3 satellites are very close together the unit may not be able to calculate a position.
and i test it along with galaxy mini. Other device lock my position not more than 5 minutes

Posts: 470 | Thanked: 399 times | Joined on Jul 2011 @ Croatia
Originally Posted by kai_en View Post
Kallela, I was wondering whether you had any problem locking outdoor previously? Because my case, outdoor no problem, indoor is a nightmare
gps is not supposed to work indoors...

A-gps does work indoors tho, at least for me it does. I have noticed that if I use maps indoors, they will first show wrong place, but after a few seconds they scroll to my current position. It is not 100% accurate (it probably uses cell tower triangulation), but it works.

edit: you can see it's working when you get the dual green circle around your location in maps. One small opaque one and one large, transparent one.

Last edited by impact; 2012-04-09 at 10:18.

Originally Posted by Kallela View Post
Ok, I finally got this GPS problem solved. After four weeks of waiting, the service called me that my N9 cannot be fixed and I got a new device as a replacement. No GPS problems so far with it! It's now working as one would expect and no maddness in syslog either anymore.

As already said before, my problem was due to a faulty HW unit and was most likely else than most of the users have been reporting in this thread. No SUPL server tricks helped or anything.
Guess you're lucky that whichever Nokia technician looked at your device was actually competent. Whoever looked at mine was clearly clueless.

My device was in service for 1.5 weeks and was returned unpaired - since it was not getting a GPS lock on the drive home I took it up Black mountain and tested it directly comparing it to an android tablet with data connection and my N900 with no data connection, result:
Android tablet with data connection: lock in < 10 secs
N900 without data connection: Lock in approx. 4 mins
N9 with data connection: Gave up waiting after 15 minutes or so (plus the time it was trying during the drive to and fro).

I immediately took it back and it was in service for over 3 weeks and I finally got it back last week, though the battery was flat so I couldn't test it straight away. I took it up mount Ainsley with my cameras the next day and ran the same experiment and took a video of the screen + myself. The results very closely mirrored the experiment on Black Mountain, so once again they haven't fixed it.

I've finished doing the PIP to combine the two videos (screens + me), now I just need to make a short version which I'll give them when I take it back.

I'm not sure whether I should bother hoping they will fix it this time, given they have failed twice now. I'm seriously thinking I'll just ask for a refund.

Last edited by DarkStarSword; 2012-04-12 at 00:01.

Posts: 330 | Thanked: 97 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ saudi arabia
I sent my phone to customer support.

My white nokia clearly doesnt work opposing to my other block nokia which is 100% gps full working indoor outdoor.

I finally took it back to Harvey Norman and got a refund.

I've since bought another N9 from mobilecity for around $200 less than I originally paid at Harvey Norman and it's GPS works perfectly