I recently try to repurchase another N900 from amazon, but the prize is really high!

In fact it is higher than the N9.

in I see $504.99 on amazon.com (jsut searching for n900)

in UK I see prices of 399 GBP
and in Germany 600 EUR (by nokia itself!!)

Why is the price this high?
I payed for my n900 320 EUR on january last year..

I would say it was because you are looking at Retail prices from vendors. Are little n900 now has a quite a reputation for itself and is also in short(ish) supply so they may have upped the price for new units since?

You should keep an eye out on the buy&sell pages of the forum or check out ebay, a very well kept n900 can often be had for as much as £150.

This guy has one listed for £79 with 10hrs left and a BIN price of £149 if you wanna take a punt

Last edited by MINKIN2; 2012-01-09 at 01:39.

I'm starting to worry, that I currently doesn't have funds for spare N900. The more I play with development, the more need for development device arise (although, sane behavior of creating backups etc, saved me many times from need to reflash "main phone").

Well, my N900-related budget goes for hardware mods to almost single cent (ok, i must admit - as act of pure pleasure, I bought replacement stylus for 1.24$ including shipping from aliexpress ), but I'm little afraid, that even second-hand supply will start feeling shortages, and it may be much more expensive to buy N900 in few years. Somehow, I feel that current price (of second hand in ideal condition) is lowest possible, and won't drop any further.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Posts: 373 | Thanked: 40 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Norwich
Even faulty ones go for a good 80 quid or so on ebay. Annoying really as i need a new one because mine has developed a hardware fault (constantly pulls high current thus draining the battey very fast) but alas i am poor so looks like i'll be putting up with sucky battery life until i can afford a replacement. Or perhaps buy a new one then sell my current one as faulty.

Bit of a ramble there but yeah my point being that i think the price isn't likely to drop any time soon really.