Dear Friends, I have a beautiful N800 tablet with OS2007. I want to
upgrade it to OS2008 to give me more opportunities with I/net etc., I tried Nokia Pc-suite, but unfortunately when I started to install it I noticed that the tablet can not recognize the files with .dll, .exe , .sys
etc extentions and writes me "Unable to recognize file type of...dll" and when I try to install it says "Unable to install. Installation file corrupted".
please let me know what I have to do to make it install the programmes and the appliscations. Any other idea? Or Can I upgrade OS2007 to
modern Linux or Opera and how?
best, Nikolay Kolev

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 109 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ Washington State
Originally Posted by velokin View Post
Dear Friends, I have a beautiful N800 tablet with OS2007. I want to
upgrade it to OS2008 to give me more opportunities with I/net etc., I tried Nokia Pc-suite, but unfortunately when I started to install it I noticed that the tablet can not recognize the files with .dll, .exe , .sys
etc extentions and writes me "Unable to recognize file type of...dll" and when I try to install it says "Unable to install. Installation file corrupted".
please let me know what I have to do to make it install the programmes and the appliscations. Any other idea? Or Can I upgrade OS2007 to
modern Linux or Opera and how?
best, Nikolay Kolev
It sounds like the Windows tools are no longer compatible with whatever version of Windows you have on your machine. The CLI flash tool for Linux still works, so if you can scare up an x86 Linux machine take a look at:
http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_tablet_firmware

Good luck!
Andy

Hi Andy,
Thanks for info. I tried to d/l the Flasher as suggested but my request is redirected immediately to a page of Nokia with the New smartphones ads. At the end I could not do anything. Yet I am an
artist not a programmer and feel quite difficult to cope . So may I ask your email to cotnact u directly?
regards,
Nikolay

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011

Or feel free to try Pali's open source 0xFFFF.
http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=87996

Thanks Friends,
I d/l the Flasher, but trying to download the firmware image it gives me the same result - so please give me a hint where I can download the firmware image from?
brgds, Nikolay

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
velokin

skeiron.org/tablets-dev is the exact replica of Nokia's tablets-dev page so navigate away...

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
http://skeiron.org/tablets-dev/nokia_N800/

Download the bottom last one and flash with that image.

Hi Addison,
I tried but the ptogramme sets another window saying "Download database 'C:/Program Files\FlashGet\Default.jcd' is corrupted,please selectone backup database and restore it" - and when I choose of (of the 4 options) gives me "Application error" and the cursor asleeps...
best,
Nikolay

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
It's best to download the whole image directly to your desktop, once that's done you fire up Nokia's flasher program after this.

Can you provide a desktop screenshot or two showing what you're doing?