Active Topics

They're still a bit expensive, but I might hold out for one of these when the price comes down if someone can confirm they work.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...mory_Card.html

Posts: 1,225 | Thanked: 1,905 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Quezon City, Philippines
For a moment there I thought 128GB uSDXC cards were out.

It's too big to fit inside the N900, but since it's rated at UHS-1 speeds, once these shrink to uSD sizes it should work.

Oh, whoops! Silly me... so consider this thread a placeholder until they are actually released.

+ if you have mugen cover + you will tear up any size (even 32 MB or lower) microSD card + similarly cheap SD (fullsize) reader, you may construct trivial microSd->SD adapter, that will fit entirely inside N900's body.

Not much reason to do so, though - SDXC cards are still ridiculously priced, and will shrink to micro sizes very soon.

/Estel
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

The Following User Says Thank You to Estel For This Useful Post:
(perhaps slightly off-topic) Alternatively, you can fit two of those babies in an N800.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Out of curiosity - no software problems in handling SDXC on N800?
-
Camera cover MOD
-
Measure battery's real capacity on-device
-
TrueCrypt 7.1 | ereswap | bnf
-
Hardware's mods research is costly. To support my work, please consider donating. Thank You!

Originally Posted by Estel View Post
Out of curiosity - no software problems in handling SDXC on N800?
Well, the proprietary exFAT filesystem isn't supported for obvious reasons, but reportedly they work fine after reformatting to something else. There are other threads here with more details but in summary the cards are electrically identical to SDHC, and the only software-side difference is that the size in blocks is a 22-bit value for SDHC which even the Diablo kernel supports just fine.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
Originally Posted by Xagoln View Post
They're still a bit expensive, but I might hold out for one of these when the price comes down if someone can confirm they work.
As far as I understand all SDXC cards will work, when they are released. This should see us up to 2TB. The only issue should be they will not work out the box as will require reformatting.

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sixwheeledbeast For This Useful Post:
the should be usable without reformatting once the updated version of fuse gets integrated along with a build of exfat tools for it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Android_808 For This Useful Post:
Older hardware does not support XC. I dont know if the N800 will or not, but it predates the XC specs. According to wikipedia - XC compatible devices did not start appearing until 2010.

At least the N800 does handle SD version 2 - so SDHC up to 32GB... and I think the hardware could in theory support XC - but not at higher speeds and possibly not without software/firmware support. I'd love to be proved wrong

(As a side note _ I have several USB adaptors that support SDHC, but really annoyingly not SDXC.)

Last edited by phedders; 2012-10-21 at 09:03.