Active Topics

Notices

I've just downloaded the Last.FM app through the app manager and its downloaded fine. However, I now can't seem to actually locate the app on my N900??!

When I click on menu icon (top left), the app is NOT shown in the menu....?! I know its installed on my handset as when I open up the settings (spanner icon), I can see Last.FM as ne of the settings that can be changed. Also, when I open up the app manager and click on 'Uninstall', Last.FM is one of the installed apps that I can uninstall.....?!

I just cannot locate the actual icon to open and run the app??

Posts: 1,091 | Thanked: 323 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ ~
The Last.fm app you installed is only for scrobbling tracks played in the Media player to your Last.fm profile.

The Following User Says Thank You to ToJa92 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ToJa92 View Post
The Last.fm app you installed is only for scrobbling tracks played in the Media player to your Last.fm profile.
.....that explains it then - thanks dude!!!

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
it's not an app, as far as i know there is no last.fm app. it's only scrobbler - that send the information (tags of songs) you are listening to.
"mafw-lastfm is a last.fm scrobbler for maemo devices using the Media Application Framework, like the N900. With it, you can scrobble your listening habits to the last.fm social music site."

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by ZogG View Post
it's not an app, as far as i know there is no last.fm app.
FWIW, Vagalume allows for the listening of your Last.fm library, but you must request an API key from Last.fm and import the servers.xml found on the Vagalume website.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
last.fm "app" works well, but there is no queue - if you listen to song when offiline, those songs won't appear in your profile when you come back online.

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by nc00 View Post
last.fm "app" works well, but there is no queue - if you listen to song when offiline, those songs won't appear in your profile when you come back online.
Fixed in the latest version, according to its programmer.

I've confirmed the fixes with the author and here (shameless self promotion) are some instructions on how to use Vagalume with your LastFM account - http://www.knownokia.ca/2010/05/stre...e-on-n900.html

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
You need to go to "Preferences" to set your credentials for last.fm.
And I can confirm it does scrobble tracks played offline, except if you reboot the phone before starting the media player while online.