Notices

Originally Posted by sakya View Post
I'll check the gles fullscreen problem.

Sakya - there is another issue i just found:

Saving a game when using the gpu-gles crashes the game (i tried to do that with two games and they both crashed). the game is actually saved and can be loaded.

I've got a strange problem with blood omen. With all other video plugins except gles once you are at the main menu you cant use any controls. However with gles you can but it has graphical issues and it is to slow.

Not sure if it is easy to fix or not. If not its not a big deal since every other game I have works great.

Last edited by ace1000; 2012-03-31 at 23:22.

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Palestine,Nazareth
Originally Posted by impeham View Post
The emulator is working perfectly.

Is it possible to stretch gpu-gles picture to wide (to fill the entire screen instead of 3:4)?
I have the same request. could yu please fix it?

Posts: 16 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Palestine,Nazareth
Hi Sakya,

the menu in Disney's Hercules is not appearing in PCSX-ReArmed core.while it appears in PSX4m core, but there is a lag and a glitch moreover, the screen keeps blinking.

what is the problem?

I have got the BIOS recently and many games work with it.

Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by Badee3 View Post
I have the same request. could yu please fix it?
I fixed this issue, wait for the next update.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 533 | Thanked: 1,341 times | Joined on Dec 2010 @ Italy
Uploaded pcsxrearmed version 0.4.0.14.2

Changelog:
* Fixed fullscreen using gpu-gles
* Fixed crash when saving savestate using gpu-gles
* Added options to set spu reverb and interpolation (disabled by default)

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to sakya For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by bonapart View Post
p.s. i'll probably drop future development
I'm late to the party and have just installed psx4m-gui for the first time, but I took the time to read the whole thread so as not to miss any valuable info, and I just want to thank you for all your effort, bonapart. You've obviously put a lot of good work into this project, and it's understandable if you want to leave it behind, but I hope you'd reconsider! In any case, your effort is appreciated!

One thing I have not seen mentioned in the thread is preferred format for the roms. Yes, psx4m handles most formats, but is there one that is more advantageous speed-wise than another? I have a bunch of old PSX discs, and I fired up PowerISO to extract an image of one of them, and PowerISO would only allow me to extract to a bin-image. If I extract the files manually I can of course make an ISO, but I can't set a sector option. bonaparte mentions in one post that only 2352-sector ISOs are supported by psx4m. Is this the default sector amount?

Compressing the roms is only to the detriment speedwise I suppose, and done only to conserve space? In any case, I've learned that in that case, not to compress to 7z but rather to z, or just compress the ISO itself.

Now, the first CD I extracted into a *.bin to try out was Ms Pac-Man Maze Madness. But when I select it in the GUI, pcsx just goes to a black screen indefinitely, and starts using 100% CPU. I've tried some different configuration options, and I have set the BIOS directory with the BIOS rom present. Should I just keep trying different configurations? Or could this be one of the games that simply don't work at all? I don't get any errors in the xterm output. I have also tried making an ISO of all the files on the disc, and even making an img-clone of the disc with CloneCD, but the result is the same: Black screen, 100% CPU.

Last edited by bocephus; 2012-04-02 at 20:27.

Posts: 565 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Nevinnomyssk

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bonapart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 150 | Thanked: 169 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Sweden
Thanks, I'll have a look and try it the terminal way ASAP.

Edit: Sucess! I got Pac Man World working by going the cdrdao route. But only by using PCSX-ReArmed. I'll rip some more games and fiddle around with the settings.

...and now Ms. PacMan works like a charm too. bonapart, thanks for bothering to reply, even though those were links I should've found on my own before making a post...

By the way, I am getting "Found L-EC error at sector xxxxx - ignored" with cdrdao on certain discs. But the images seem to work anyway. Nothing to worry about?

Last edited by bocephus; 2012-04-02 at 11:33.

Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Thanks, I'll have a look and try it the terminal way ASAP.

Edit: Sucess! I got Pac Man World working by going the cdrdao route. But only by using PCSX-ReArmed. I'll rip some more games and fiddle around with the settings.
The ReARMed core is what you should be using anyway. It's way faster and more compatible than the psx4m core. Especially now with the neon gpu plugin.

Tags
bada rox, emulators, sausage ii, sneeze loud