Active Topics

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
If everything's completely back to normal w/idle consumption once XMS is gone.
Then perhaps consumption's due a run-away process pulling more data than necessary.
So from my experiment do U agree there's a problem? Guess what, my data buddles are still the same as I left them yesterday, it seems there's no need to recharge today, If had Ebuddy, using it or not, my money would be gone

I wanted to keep it but switch it off until there's Fix for this, but i couldn't even find a way disable it aswell, once U install it's on like it or not, even if U close it push remains on so there's not difference. The Push button is blocked out so U can't turn it off!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Switzerland
You should be able to turn push of. It allways works for me when I have data and battery drain problems form eBuddy. I just turn off push and things go back to normal.

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2011 @ Switzerland
XMS push doesn't seem to really work for me. eBuddy (1.0.102105-31)

I have the mobile operator internet on automatic and also the WiFi at home and work. Push is ON. What did i notice:

1. Someone sends me an XMS. I see my phone after some seconts connecting to Wifi but the XMS doesn't arrive. I wait another 10 min, nothing. Then I access eBuddy and the XMS is received.

2. Someone sends me an XMS. No XMS received in 10 minutes. I turn off the phone and on again. After the phone loads, the message with XMS received appears without entering eBuddy. Could this be an indication that there is a problem with the push (Nokia account).

3. I have eBuddy on, someone sends an XMS. I receive it without a problem. I close XMS but the interent connection is still active. The person sends me another XMS. I receive it without eBuddy on. I wait a while and the interent disconects as there is nothing using in anymore. The person sends me again an XMS. The phone
connects to the interent but no XMS received. It seems that I can receive push only in the interent connection session that I had eBuddy ON.

4. Sometimes eBuddy goes crazy and it keeps my phone constantly connected making a lot of data transfer nad battary drainage (lik other users reported above). This problem is gone if I turn the push OFF and also if I reinstall eBuddy. When eBuddy works normal my idel consumption goes up from 15 to 25-30 mAh.

One important thing. I don't receive any message notification on the black lock screen. So often I would miss if someone sends me a message.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mirondanro For This Useful Post:
Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Yeah this Ebuddy needs some work for sure!

Posts: 120 | Thanked: 207 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Switzerland
Originally Posted by mirondanro View Post
XMS push doesn't seem to really work for me. eBuddy (1.0.102105-31)

I have the mobile operator internet on automatic and also the WiFi at home and work. Push is ON. What did i notice:

1. Someone sends me an XMS. I see my phone after some seconts connecting to Wifi but the XMS doesn't arrive. I wait another 10 min, nothing. Then I access eBuddy and the XMS is received.

2. Someone sends me an XMS. No XMS received in 10 minutes. I turn off the phone and on again. After the phone loads, the message with XMS received appears without entering eBuddy. Could this be an indication that there is a problem with the push (Nokia account).

3. I have eBuddy on, someone sends an XMS. I receive it without a problem. I close XMS but the interent connection is still active. The person sends me another XMS. I receive it without eBuddy on. I wait a while and the interent disconects as there is nothing using in anymore. The person sends me again an XMS. The phone
connects to the interent but no XMS received. It seems that I can receive push only in the interent connection session that I had eBuddy ON.

4. Sometimes eBuddy goes crazy and it keeps my phone constantly connected making a lot of data transfer nad battary drainage (lik other users reported above). This problem is gone if I turn the push OFF and also if I reinstall eBuddy. When eBuddy works normal my idel consumption goes up from 15 to 25-30 mAh.

One important thing. I don't receive any message notification on the black lock screen. So often I would miss if someone sends me a message.
I had exactly the same problem as you have. Then i deleted ebuddy XMS and downloaded the version which is on Nokia Store since a few days. Since then it works perfectly for me! I receive every message, even when the app is fully closed.

I don't. Why all the sudden it works, since the Nokia Store version doesn't seem to be (at least officially) diffferent to the last beta version we could download the .deb file of.

So give it a try and I hope it works the same as it did for me.

The Following User Says Thank You to almamo For This Useful Post:
I've just deleted previous files completely, now I'm downloading it from the store again! If I get problems I'm taking U out Almamo

@Almamo I know it's a bit too soon for feedback but so far things seem tobe stable, data budles seem stable too, not sure about the battery as it's on a charger right now.

It seems my mistake was to install the version without completely deleting files for the previous version, so somehow it was mulfunctioning!

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,021 | Thanked: 1,060 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Hong Kong
Dont know any mention before, when playing music, then open ebuddy, the music player will pause itself

It's been a couple of days now and everything seems to be running smooth! I love it, a coupe of additions will help though (Photo postin, Fuctioning Settings etc)

Yeah same here.. Photo would be nice and the most wanted feature after symbol on standby screen!