Hi guys, first time poster hoping someone has an answer to this weird problem.

Just bought second hand N900, upgraded from N97 (Long suffering user might I add lol).

Anyway I can send & receive SMS to any contact except for one, the most frequent one (my girlfriend). A delivery receipt will not come up for her no matter what I have tried, deleting conversation thread, deleting her contact, re adding, re-adding as a different name and sending with the number not as a contact

I can call the number and hers can call mine, she can send me sms but I cant send her and it is fine for any other number I send a sms to delivery report and all. Note im not getting a failed delivery report for the number, nothing comes up.

Any suggestions??

note, the phone is running pr1.2 and was flashed before i purchased

Posts: 549 | Thanked: 299 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Australian in the Philippines
Welcome to the forum : )

Delivery receipts / reports are a carrier provided service, some carriers let you opt in or out, some simply don't provide that information at all.

Yes that is true, but not the issue. Why would the SMS be working for every contact except for the one. There was no issue like this on the N97

Posts: 353 | Thanked: 166 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ India
Try deleting her contact card and then writing her no. manually.. in the recipients list

WELCOME!

may be your phone is trying to tell you something.... JK

Last edited by CYPHERC; 2010-09-05 at 20:33.

Sorry for double post my browser has issues...

Last edited by CYPHERC; 2010-09-05 at 20:33.

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
I know this might be hard but why dont you reflash your phone?
that might help

arora have already done that and no go.

Bakuur have already noticed that everyone suggests this in alot of threads, im not reflashing the phone every time a hiccup occurs. I suffered with a N97 for 12 months im not going to go through the same crap over again with this phone..

Posts: 429 | Thanked: 217 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Dubai
it might not be the phone at all
try calling your service provider *90% its going to be some ********* but give it a try
because this is the first time i hear of such problem :s

Yeah mate, im going to give them a go and see what they say. Very strange that every number will work except for one!!

But overall this phone is a breath of fresh air, what a difference from the N97, it just needs Ovi Maps with navigation and a few other small things in the next update and it will be a great phone!