Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by SpandexBob View Post
I bumped into a problem with witter. I'd forgotten to configure OAuth and witter just hung on startup when trying to retrieve my timeline. I've posted a bug report about this.

If anyone else bumps into this problem I solved the issue with witter hanging on start up by opening xterm and typing:
Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
You then have to setup your twitter account details again making sure that you configure OAuth in the account setup screen.
hey thanks! it works!!!
but once i close it and reopen witter.. it stuffs up on me again and does the exact same thing trying to startup and retrieve timelime..

so does this mean i have to go to xterm every single time i wanna use witter?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by toki View Post
hey thanks! it works!!!
but once i close it and reopen witter.. it stuffs up on me again and does the exact same thing trying to startup and retrieve timelime..

so does this mean i have to go to xterm every single time i wanna use witter?
You need to make sure that you setup the OAuth for witter. When inputing your usename and password make sure that after doing that you click on the OAuth button and follow the steps there.

When you click on that it should send you off to twitter to authorise witter and give you a code that you need to then enter into the box that pops up in witter.

The Following User Says Thank You to SpandexBob For This Useful Post:
Posts: 197 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Europe
it would be really cool to see tweego updated soon. :-)

I bumped into a problem with witter. I'd forgotten to configure OAuth and witter just hung on startup when trying to retrieve my timeline. I've posted a bug report about this.

If anyone else bumps into this problem I solved the issue with witter hanging on start up by opening xterm and typing:
Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
You then have to setup your twitter account details again making sure that you configure OAuth in the account setup screen.
Many many many thanx!!

hey thanks a lot...

is there any similar way like this to get mauku running??

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Originally Posted by diimaan View Post
hey thanks a lot...

is there any similar way like this to get mauku running??
I don't think so. Witter was actually fixed with regard to this issue and Mauku hasn't been. My impression is that the Witter developer is the most responsive of the Twitter developers.

Posts: 334 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Ireland
Im using TweetGo.net and Hahlo.com, really brilliant and flashy light web clients, much more stable that the latest Witter and Tweego builds

You need to make sure that you setup the OAuth for witter.
I've been trying this bit is does not work for me. I can't enter the number. (More detail at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=721

Anyone who has a clue?

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 34 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
Originally Posted by itpastorn View Post
I've been trying this bit is does not work for me. I can't enter the number. (More detail at http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=721

Anyone who has a clue?
I've seen a similar issue myself. I noticed that the box that should popup to enter the number doesn't always display correctly, it doesn't popup far enough to enable you to enter it. I've not found a solution to this apart from just retrying. What version of witter are you using? I'm running the one from extras-devel.

Posts: 129 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bangalore, India

Code:
mv .witter .witter.back
awesome! at least this stopped my witter from hanging! i had entered a wrong OAuth id and witter failed working after that!