Active Topics

hi

what is Track & Protect app preinstalled in nokia n9 when we buy it?

what is the use of it?

can we track the n9 if it stolen or missing?

thanks

good question.
i remember I was supposed to tell it before I removed the SIM, but forgot and nothing happened. So i'm kinda doubtful it is working.

Track and Protect is a software that you can use to locate where your N9 is given the fact it can use data (3G or WiFi) and has battery in your phone. You get free 3 credits to locate your phone but after that you have to buy more credits and they are not too expensive. It's a good software in case you lose your phone and is built right into the phone so no one can delete it either.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to chiron For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by chiron View Post
so no one can delete it either.
Flash it.... and yes, you can delete it...

Posts: 185 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Veitshöchheim, Germany
i dont have it one my phone anymore so its possible to delete it. well, the common phone user who will find your lost N9 will probably know a **** about linux but well...

I am unable too buy credit on Trackadprotect website.

Any clue ???

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
I think the App is pointless as it can be deactivated by anyone stealing the phone, U simply go to - State, tap next and deactivate. By the time the owner tries to track it it's long deactivated. U just have to pray that it gets stolen by an ameteur.

The Following User Says Thank You to Muzimak For This Useful Post:
Posts: 115 | Thanked: 64 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Munich or Luxembourg
Originally Posted by Muzimak View Post
I think the App is pointless as it can be deactivated by anyone stealing the phone, U simply go to - State, tap next and deactivate. By the time the owner tries to track it it's long deactivated. U just have to pray that it gets stolen by an ameteur.
that's why they tell you to use the lock-code from the system during setup

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
Originally Posted by Scharel View Post
that's why they tell you to use the lock-code from the system during setup
They could've made easier by allowing the App itself to have it own Password.