Notices

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mrsellout View Post
Is this of any use for the audio issue?
http://www.developer.nokia.com/Commu...ce=twitterfeed
I dont think it will help because the issue is when the audio is played (like pressing the play button in a media player). even if the sound is muted, it still "play" the file in the background but you cant hear it.

Originally Posted by legoman666
Future support for portrait planned? Not really thrilled with the landscape orientation...
Yes, it is planned for a future release as an option. see the project roadmap, it is scheduled for the long term.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
I dont think it will help because the issue is when the audio is played (like pressing the play button in a media player). even if the sound is muted, it still "play" the file in the background but you cant hear it.
i have an idea about how to allow both the navigation sounds and button clicks to play well while music plays in the background (by another app) but i wont be able to test it for a few more days as the current code is not stable yet...
(basically use QSoundEffect instead of QMediaPlayer for playing the audio - might work, might not)

@gianko While I am encoutering/fixing a lot of crashes because of my code changes, I found one that is not related to my changes and might be the cause for the crash that you experienced.
It is a long shot, but worth a shot.
Edit MyDocs/.waze/preferences and in there change the following from:
TTS.Feature Enabled: yes
to:
TTS.Feature Enabled: no

Then try to run waze again.

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
i was trying right now to run waze with the original omap kernel,no power.

same crash but it gives the error:Illegal instruction
no segmentation fault

i put General Log level 1 in the preferences and this is what i got:

/opt/waze/bin $ ./waze
13:56:29.182 s..debug.. qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 50 roadmap_backlight_initialize() - Current setting : no [File: 'qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 50]
13:56:29.184 s..debug.. qt/roadmap_device.cc, line 78 roadmap_set_backlight() - Current setting : no [File: 'qt/roadmap_device.cc'; Line: 78]
13:56:29.185 s..debug.. roadmap_power.c, line 97 Starting the periodic for power. Period: 30000. [File: 'roadmap_power.c'; Line: 97]
13:56:29.186 s..debug.. roadmap_map_settings.c, line 116 intialiazing map settings [File: 'roadmap_map_settings.c'; Line: 116]
13:56:29.187 s..debug.. roadmap_download_settings.c, line 85 intialiazing map settings [File: 'roadmap_download_settings.c'; Line: 85]
Illegal instruction

postmortem attached if u can take a look, in the meanwhile i will try your new suggestion. thanks 4 d support. i'll let u know
Attached Files
File Type: txt postmortem.txt (728 Bytes, 73 views)

@gianko While I am encoutering/fixing a lot of crashes because of my code changes, I found one that is not related to my changes and might be the cause for the crash that you experienced.
It is a long shot, but worth a shot.
Edit MyDocs/.waze/preferences and in there change the following from:
TTS.Feature Enabled: yes
to:
TTS.Feature Enabled: no

Then try to run waze again.
tried but same problem, no results.

what else can be?

i am in Italy, should i change the line "GeoConfig.Force Location: usa" in preferences?

other things? i tried everything, from swappolube settings, to original kernel, to supl.google.com in gps settings.

Last edited by gianko; 2012-04-14 at 13:29.

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
tried but same problem, no results.

what else can be?

i am in Italy, should i change the line "GeoConfig.Force Location: usa" in preferences?

other things? i tried everything, from swappolube settings, to original kernel, to supl.google.com in gps settings.
Thanks for checking. Changing the force location setting will not help as it is usually commented (start with ';').

the crash occur after reading the configuration from the file. I have rewritten that layer in the upcoming release. If the issue is still not resolved in it i will add some extra logging and send u a special edition

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
I will release the Waze Qt Everywhere Alpha release (v0.0.7) on 19/20-Apr.
Note that it is Alpha as I have made some big changes to some of Waze's base layers and might have missed some residual bugs.
I will not recommend installing this version unless you are willing to assist in testing and report the bugs.

Changelog:
  • Rewrite the network layer to be based on Qt instead of kernel sockets
  • Rewrite the config layer to use QSettings
  • Rewrite the path+file layer to use QFile & QDir
  • Fix current traffic reports list dialog - reports not visible
  • Support multiuser environments (such as Linux and Windows)
  • Fix low battery warning still showing when charging

@gianko since it didn't work in the first place for you, you have nothing to lose but to try it once I'll release it.

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-04-17 at 21:10. Reason: special note for @gianko

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Cool!, before updating we need to uninstall previous version?

Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Cool!, before updating we need to uninstall previous version?
Partially. To get the best test results, you will have to delete ~/MyDocs/.waze before upgrading. For that matter, I will make the deb to do it automagically if it recognizes an older release.
In any event, all of your existing waze settings from previous releases will be lost, as the settings files are now in new format.

In addition, I will enable high debug level logs by default, so that in case of crash you'll be able to send the postmortem file when crash or bad behavior occurs. This file can get to a few MB in a couple of days so it is best to delete it once in a while.

When uploading the postmortem to this forum be sure to zip it first and describe as much as you can about what happend.

I will copy the text above to the 1st post upon Alpha release.

Thanks for assisting.

I will release the Waze Qt Everywhere Alpha release (v0.0.7) on 19/20-Apr.
Note that it is Alpha as I have made some big changes to some of Waze's base layers and might have missed some residual bugs.
I will not recommend installing this version unless you are willing to assist in testing and report the bugs.

@gianko since it didn't work in the first place for you, you have nothing to lose but to try it once I'll release it.
i'm ready for testing