Hey, folks!

Here're some of the changes:

Most protocols are now bundled with Pidgin. A few, including AIM/ICQ, XMPP, Sametime, and Bonjour remain separate.

Send button disappears when a physical keyboard becomes available.

On Chinook, Pidgin uses its customary status bar icon. Currently it looks ugly, but that should be fixed Real Soon Now(TM)

The typing notification icon is now displayed to the right of the buddy icon in the conversation window's new infopane.

Added a plugin to the catalogue that gives you some more preferences for Pidgin. You can turn off the buddy list tooltips, and you can set the font size for the buddy list and conversations, among other options.

Unfortunately, it turns out that not-freezing Pidgin while pidgin-otr is generating a key is rather crash-prone. Thus, pidgin-otr now no longer prevents Pidgin from hanging while a key is being generated. Nonetheless, it does provide a non-hanging progress indication (of sorts).

The catalogue is now organized slightly differently. Please have a look at http://pidgin.garage.maemo.org/ for installation instructions.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Chinook version??? Thanks nix_nix!

EDIT: It works! I tried the sametime protocol with our work server (finally got an OS2008 VPN build) and it worked right off the bat. I like the enhancements.

Last edited by Texrat; 2007-10-30 at 03:57.

Thanks for the updated version. I will give it a test run tomorrow.

(As some protocols are bundled, does this mean we should uninstall the previous installed protocols first? I didn't see this in the instructions. I will try uninstalling them first )

I had to do an uninstall of the previous version first. but it went fine after that.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
Yay more Chinook software.

Does the QQ module work or its still broken?

The upgrade is running fine for me. I am using bora version

Is the N810 shipping with pidgin? thoughtfix said when its released it will support the msn chatclient. is this true?

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by kingka View Post
Is the N810 shipping with pidgin? thoughtfix said when its released it will support the msn chatclient. is this true?
It always has supported MSN through Jabber. That's probably what thoughtfix meant, though he'd have to tell us himself.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
At the moment the N810 does not ship with Pidgin. Zerojay's response was correct.