Notices

Posts: 329 | Thanked: 505 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Israel
Originally Posted by Schturman View Post
Hi
For me and for now without problem:
1. Installation - ok
2. Setting - ok, but can't change the car, i get empty list.. It's also asked me for restore favorites and inserted my home address without problem.
3. Downloading of map - ok, but it's asked me like before, to reopen app and when i reopened it, the app crashed immediately. I waited 5-10 sec. and reopened it again - now it's opened without problem.
Today i will try to navigate and i will report later..
Thank you for your work!
Originally Posted by coredumb
also cannot change the 'everyday moods'. the list is empty.
Thanks for finding those - an easy fix for next release.

Originally Posted by anonymous
Is the user account and password stored plain text? or sent unencrypted?

I would like to upgrade and possibly file bug reports if I find any. But it might also mean I lose my clever username and all my precious points.

Just guessing, but... /home/user/mydocs/user ?

Don't know why I didn't try before asking. I was right
Yes, it is stored locally as plain text, it always been like this in Waze 2.4 official Android release. Currently, all data is sent unencrypted as I haven't finished implementing the encryption part (see the release notes where I stated to refrain from using passwords in this release). The communication encryption will be fixed for the next release. About the local files, I need to check first what is the amount of change that is required for the Waze baseline code - if it is a small change I will fix it as well for the next release.

Currently the next release is set to 2 weeks from this post date - in the meanwhile I am gathering bugs to fix. If all is good it will come earlier than that.

Originally Posted by Hiro P. View Post
Started from terminal it did not crash anymore. Instead it downloaded the German voice files and now I can start it from the desktop without crash.
We probably scared the bug away, sneaky little bugger
It might be related to the encryption layer which is only partially implemented. hopfully fixed in the next release.

Originally Posted by gianko
tried now,still bad luck
try this to generate the core file:
Code:
cd /home/user
ulimit -c unlimited
/opt/waze/bin/waze
/opt/waze/bin has only root write permissions so the core file probably was not able to be written there as you executed waze as a normal user. (core should now be be generated in /home/user)

Last edited by damagedspline; 2012-04-20 at 16:17. Reason: updated core location note

Posts: 34 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Israel
Version 0.0.7 works well, but I miss the ability to use the program offline. It keeps on asking to connect to the Internet.

Originally Posted by drucula View Post
Version 0.0.7 works well, but I miss the ability to use the program offline. It keeps on asking to connect to the Internet.
You can try to enable offline mode manually:
Set "Data Usage" -> "Download traffic info" to "Off"
Set "Map" -> Everything to "Off" except "Speedometer" under "Show on map" button group

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
Originally Posted by damagedspline View Post
try this to generate the core file:
Code:
cd /home/user
ulimit -c unlimited
/opt/waze/bin/waze
/opt/waze/bin has only root write permissions so the core file probably was not able to be written there as you executed waze as a normal user. (core should now be be generated in /home/user)
how the core file should looks like? i cannot find any new file in /home/user

i executed
Code:
cd /home/user
ulimit -c unlimited
/opt/waze/bin/waze
as a normal user but give same segfault and no core file

always from /home/user i tried to type root and tried again
this time the process seems to go beyond the usual seg fault and i got some new messages in xterm (like flag:1 etc) but it was very slow and appears to be in a loop or to take several time, so i just stopped with ctrl+z but still no core file in /home/user

should i try again with root privileges? and wait for this long process to got this core file? it will drain my battery? just to know, so i will put on charge

Originally Posted by gianko View Post
how the core file should looks like? i cannot find any new file in /home/user

i executed
Code:
cd /home/user
ulimit -c unlimited
/opt/waze/bin/waze
as a normal user but give same segfault and no core file

always from /home/user i tried to type root and tried again
this time the process seems to go beyond the usual seg fault and i got some new messages in xterm (like flag:1 etc) but it was very slow and appears to be in a loop or to take several time, so i just stopped with ctrl+z but still no core file in /home/user

should i try again with root privileges? and wait for this long process to got this core file? it will drain my battery? just to know, so i will put on charge
you should not run waze as root. It does not cause issues, symply not advised.
btw, ctrl+z does not close the application, it only kinda freezes it to the background. so you should kill waze properly you should run 'ps -eaf | grep waze | grep -v grep' to find the running waze application and then 'kill -9 ...' Where you replace the 3 dots with the number from the first column of the ps run. (or simply restart the phone instead )
the core file is a file that its name starts with core. I will check why it was not generated, it should have. Maybe there is another settings that is needed besides running the ulimit command

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
ok, i tried the navigation.. Work very nice.. 15 minutes without any crashes... And it's looks the gps signal is more stable than the previous versions..
Thanks

The Following User Says Thank You to Schturman For This Useful Post:
@gianko apparently bad_alloc dont generate a core file. I will create a special binary for you attempting to catch the issue.

The Following User Says Thank You to damagedspline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 445 | Thanked: 367 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Italy
thanks. i will try that.

ps: can this (http://status.waze.com/some-info-abo...-the-int-80908) cause problems?

Posts: 5,339 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Hi
Today I got 3 time the same error on the black screen "WAZE is not responding" - close "YES" and "NO"..
I always pressed "NO" and it has continued to work..