Active Topics

Posts: 4,672 | Thanked: 5,455 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Springfield, MA, USA
Originally Posted by Kangal View Post
^ Doesn't work.

edit: Sorry it does but you have to put the "http://www." in front. Weird
Odd. I never do and it works for me.
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

If Google goes down we all go down. Google controls the World.
When I do a Google search and the little throbber in Firefox stops turning just for a split second I feel dizzy because the World stops turning just for that split second.

No, I aint got a clue what I'm waffling on about either, but it should keep the conspiracy theorists awake for another couple of minutes.

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
If Google goes down we all go down. Google controls the World.
When I do a Google search and the little throbber in Firefox stops turning just for a split second I feel dizzy because the World stops turning just for that split second.

No, I aint got a clue what I'm waffling on about either, but it should keep the conspiracy theorists awake for another couple of minutes.
It wasn't just me that felt that??
Nokia's slogan shouldn't be the pedo-palmgrabbing image with the slogan, "Connecting People"... It should be one hand open pleadingly with another hand giving the middle finger and the more apt slogan, "Potential Unrealized." --DR

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Originally Posted by www.rzr.online.fr View Post
you mistyped ... -down+up :-)

I love the skynet image!
Seriously though, has google EVER been down? Something tells me they have a backup for their backup for their backup. There's just too much money at stake!

I don't think that google have been ever totally down, however I remember a serious bug that affected google some years ago: all websites were marked as suspecious (you get a big warning instead of the url when you click on the link), this was corrected 20 minutes later, but the traffic on many big websites was seriously affected, now imagine if google would be totally down for a day

Originally Posted by Megaltariak View Post
I don't think that google have been ever totally down, however I remember a serious bug that affected google some years ago: all websites were marked as suspecious (you get a big warning instead of the url when you click on the link), this was corrected 20 minutes later, but the traffic on many big websites was seriously affected, now imagine if google would be totally down for a day
Well, to be fair.. it IS the Internet.

Posts: 440 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Las Vegas, NV
If the site is slow then the site will say its down! Not much useful site

Posts: 2,290 | Thanked: 4,133 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ UK
I have known google to be so busy it seems down/time's out.

If you get no response from a site try
http://isup.me
This is a short URL for the above.

If no URL's work, test if your DNS service is down.
By keeping Google's IP in your bookmark's, currently it's
http://74.125.224.72/

Personally I use
OpenDNS for my DNS and DuckDuckGo for my search engine

Wiki Admin
sixwheeledbeast's wiki
Testing Squad Subscriber
- mcallerx - tenminutecore - FlopSwap - Qnotted - zzztop - Bander - Fight2048 -

Before posting or starting a thread please try this.

Moderator | Posts: 2,622 | Thanked: 5,447 times | Joined on Jan 2010
I am using google web fonts for all my websites since fontsquirrel limited the number of fonts you can upload for conversion and removed EOT compressed, and for that half-hour that I couldn't access google, I couldn't access any of my sites either. Indeed they are the web...

Nemo UX blog: Grog
My website: qwazix.com
My job: oob

Tags
google down?, internet down?, pants down