Notices

i enavle xtube= true but where do i find it? :s
BACKUPMENU

Posts: 258 | Thanked: 76 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Lima-Peru
@trisha02
just open CuteTube app and click where it says CuteTube and click the option XTube and you are set to go just type whatever you want to find.

Have my N900 since 2010 and still is my main phone!

I'm Making money viewing Ads Here Now making money to donate to the forum

The Following User Says Thank You to Shinigamijim For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Shinigamijim View Post
@trisha02
just open CuteTube app and click where it says CuteTube and click the option XTube and you are set to go just type whatever you want to find.
i did. i get nthng. when i click cute tube from the top menu. i get 4 options. accounts settings about and transfer. i also downloaded xtube from app manager. still no luck. uninstalled and installed again. and then changed the .config. still the same. btw. there are two apps in app manager. one is cutetube and the other is cutetubeqml. i installed only cutetube-QML. what am i doing wrng?
BACKUPMENU

How to get my favorite list from youtube on Qmltube-widget,cause i tried to select the favorite list for widget and it did nothing.Say's :No content
What i did wrong?

Originally Posted by izrzdor View Post
How to get my favorite list from youtube on Qmltube-widget,cause i tried to select the favorite list for widget and it did nothing.Say's :No content
What i did wrong?
I'm thinking it's something to do with the new Qt framework, because the same thing happens with videos stored in the archive from the old widget, and there's no way to view the archive in the new widget.
I'm guessing they're issues that Marxian knows about, and will be solved in time.

You can still access all the previous cuteTube's videos from KMPlayer.

Posts: 2,448 | Thanked: 9,523 times | Joined on Aug 2010 @ Wigan, UK
What i did wrong?
Are you signed in to YouTube in the main application? Also, you need to refresh the widget after changing the feed.

Something I have not mentioned is that the widget can be refreshed via dbus:

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.marxian.cuteTubeWidget / com.marxian.cuteTubeWidget.refresh
This means you can use your preferred solution to schedule automatic refreshing of the widget.

My website

GitHub

The Following User Says Thank You to marxian For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by marxian View Post
Are you signed in to YouTube in the main application? Also, you need to refresh the widget after changing the feed.

Something I have not mentioned is that the widget can be refreshed via dbus:

Code:
dbus-send --type=method_call --print-reply --dest=com.marxian.cuteTubeWidget / com.marxian.cuteTubeWidget.refresh
This means you can use your preferred solution to schedule automatic refreshing of the widget.
Yes i am signe in and did all the things with widget but it says No content. all the way

Originally Posted by trisha02 View Post
i did. i get nthng. when i click cute tube from the top menu. i get 4 options. accounts settings about and transfer. i also downloaded xtube from app manager. still no luck. uninstalled and installed again. and then changed the .config. still the same. btw. there are two apps in app manager. one is cutetube and the other is cutetubeqml. i installed only cutetube-QML. what am i doing wrng?
plzz help me here
BACKUPMENU

Originally Posted by stickymick View Post
I'm thinking it's something to do with the new Qt framework, because the same thing happens with videos stored in the archive from the old widget, and there's no way to view the archive in the new widget.
I'm guessing they're issues that Marxian knows about, and will be solved in time.

You can still access all the previous cuteTube's videos from KMPlayer.
On the archive:

For versions <= 1.1.1, the archive is stored in a sqlite database. This has the advantage of being independent of the tracker, but also leads to problems when you decide that you want to change the location used for storing downloaded videos. Also, the database can become corrupted (there are a large number of read/write operations due to all config settings also being stored in the same database).

For versions >= 1.2.0, the archive uses QtGallery. This has the advantage of allowing to change the location whenever you like, without any risk of messing up a database and losing a record of downloaded videos. The disadvantage is that the archive folder must not be hidden from the tracker, else you won't see the videos. If you want to view videos from the 'old' archive, simply change the archive folder to the 'old' one (providing it is not hidden from the tracker. You could rename it if necessary), or move the 'old' videos to the current archive folder.

The other change is that thumbnails are now stored locally in a hidden subdirectory named .thumbnails.

The widget no longer provides access to archive because the purpose of the widget is to provide an 'at-a-glance' view of the latest videos, whether they be from your subscriptions or whatever.

My website

GitHub

Yes i am signe in and did all the things with widget but it says No content. all the way
Which version of the application are you using? The widget that was packaged separately no longer works. For the latest version of cuteTube-QML (1.2.6), the widget is included. If you have the old widget, you will need to uninstall this before installing the latest version of cuteTube-QML.

My website

GitHub

Tags
cutetube, marxian = god, marxian legend, son of a gun, son of douche, son of fail, son of god, youtube