Active Topics

Okay so that was particularly careless of me - I looked for a way to flash my music library and typed it. It didn't solve my issue (which is that only _some_ playlists show up in the player - no matter what I do - and if I add more albums as folders to Music/contents with [Album]/[playlistname].m3u playlists, some of the old playlists disappear).

So it worked just fine for the rest of the day - note that I did a bunch of playing around and resetting.

Now today I wake up to figure that my contacts and chats are wiped out. I realize it was due to this command. I plugged N9 to the PC Suite and saw all my contacts... for a second. Then it refreshed and there - no contacts anymore.

My chat/email/FB accounts are perfectly intact.

I'm not very optimistic about it but still... just in case... is there any way to restore the contacts after this?

Thanks a lot!

The Following User Says Thank You to mira For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,463 | Thanked: 1,916 times | Joined on Feb 2008 @ Edmonton, AB
i think that's what the backup feature is for.

The Following User Says Thank You to Creamy Goodness For This Useful Post:
Well I thought a "sync" through PC Suite would allow for recovery. But nope. Phone overrode the contacts saved on the computer. (I loved N900, like N9, but so miss Palm syncing software.)

I've got a couple months old backup (which is most of my contacts anyway) on my N900 (and of N900 on the computer) and I suppose I could sync the two phones somehow - but I need to do this first. It would recover most of contacts and I can deal without chat history. And chats and contacts are really the only things affected.

So if recovery from the N9 itself is impossible, it is is not a catastrophe... just an enormous headache!

The Following User Says Thank You to mira For This Useful Post:

Tags
backup, pc suite