Active Topics

Looks like a good way to get more apps on our n9's if it would work.

http://www.meegoexperts.com/2011/11/...-android-apps/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsRH8...ayer_embedded#!

Last edited by law138; 2011-11-07 at 19:14.

I doubt Nokia will allow this. Would be great, though, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

Posts: 397 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Melbourne, Australia
Open Mobile are targeting OEMs (and in this case, that would be Nokia). So unless Nokia agree to rolling ACL out with a software update, I can't see how ACL will ever make it to Harmattan.

I've been following the director of Open Mobile (as have a few others) on Twitter, tweet him and ask him the question. He has responded to some tweeters, but only with vague responses.

OpenMobile

I would buy an N9 at the drop of a hat with ACL or Alien Dalvik support. I don't have a need for too many apps, and Harmattan is clearly a superior OS to Android, but unfortunately, for the few apps that I really want there will never be support for MeeGo Harmattan. On the other hand, switching over to Android scares the living daylights out of me, so for now I am just going to continue to enjoy my N900 with CSSU, which is nearly everything I want in a phone.

The Following User Says Thank You to travla For This Useful Post:
Simply **** you nokia

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
If we start 5000 similar threads about it. we might finally be lucky. We are at 3476 threads about this layer...

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

The Following User Says Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post: