Posts: 355 | Thanked: 598 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Nizhny Novgorod, Russia
Originally Posted by giladmttw
Just launch it in a window with XCreateSimpleWindow.
Sorry, i'm not sure what are you saying about.

Actually, i have been playing with loading statusbar applets within my own app, and i had success. But loading existing hildon applets will require building telescope with whole gtk library. But i'd like to avoid gtk.
It was planned to include some sort of own statusbar to telescope, displaying some most important info: battery, clock, notifications (some day ). But i have not started to work on it yet.

angun33, yep, i'm here. Unfortunately, my vacation was sabotaged by railway company
I want to make the experiment to know how glib would affect memory consumption. If glib will not be a problem, merging could be easier. If it will be, we would need to write own replacements for glib parts you use in launcher
Anyway, we could start merging using glib right now. I will mail you with my suggestion about how merging could be organized.

I mean that if you launch angun33-launcher in window mode instead of fullscreen then the status bar is visible. No need to add it to the launcher.

Heh

Hmm... How about XReparentWindow? I will try.

Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
BUG Report:

I had the application Webhttrack installed when installing the Launcher - and the two apps that I normally see and can launch are now not longer visible anywhere. Which is kind of a bummer as I use the off-line browser a lot.

I ended up resolving this, at least temporarily, by moving the off-line browser to the personal launcher (it's just a "browser --url=file:///blah.blah"-path.

The Webhttrack is an actual app to run though and not sure why that disappeared.

If I can't find a way to launch the frontend for it through personal launcher that'd be the end for me using your very neat Launcher as I do need that app to show
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Last edited by silvermountain; 2010-07-27 at 04:41.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by giladmttw View Post
It's just the standard file with the navigator panel resized to 0.
Code:
[Tasknavigator]
X-Type=panel_box
X-Position-X=0
X-Position-Y=0
X-Size-Width=480
X-Size-Height=0
X-Orientation=left
X-UI-Policy=libtasknavigatorpolicy.so
X-Is-Ordered=1
X-Config-File=tasknavigator.conf
X-Plugin-Dir=/usr/share/applications/hildon-navigator

[Home]
X-Type=home
X-Is-Ordered=0
X-Load-New-Plugins=1
X-Config-File=home.conf
X-Plugin-Dir=/usr/share/applications/hildon-home;~/.hildon-home

[Statusbar]
X-Type=panel_expandable
X-Position-X=423
X-Position-Y=0
X-Size-Width=282
X-Size-Height=50
X-Orientation=top
X-UI-Policy=libstatusbarpolicy.so
X-Is-Ordered=1
X-Load-New-Plugins=1
X-Config-File=statusbar.conf
X-Plugin-Dir=/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-bar
Sorry I mean the home-background.conf.

Posts: 39 | Thanked: 55 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Silvermountain, can you give the 2 desktop files that are not working. I've tried to install them but it said the package cannot be found.

Code:
[Hildon Home]
BackgroundImage=file:///home/user/MyDocs/.documents/background/gizell.jpeg%20(3).jpg
CachedAs=
Red=0
Green=0
Blue=0
Mode=Cropped

I changed the space from the file name and now it works.

Code:
[Hildon Home]
BackgroundImage=file:///home/user/MyDocs/.documents/background/gizell3.jpeg.jpg
CachedAs=
Red=0
Green=0
Blue=0
Mode=Cropped
Noticed the ram of launcher goes from 3 to 4 MB with a background image.

Last edited by giladmttw; 2010-07-27 at 13:28.

angun33, doesn't you use telescope's code for loading wallpaper? I thought it should handle %20 gracefully

UPD: ok, i see that you are using glib for parsing background config.

Noticed the ram of launcher goes from 3 to 4 MB with a background image.
But this is strange, because Pixmaps and Pictures are xserver-side objects and their size should affect only Xomap's memory usage. It seems like some Imlib_Image is not freed, but it seems from sources that them all are freed. Hmm...

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-27 at 13:50.

Got the same bug with returning from portrait in Telescope asin post #94 It seems to be common issue.
It seems to only happen when rotating screen while Telescope/Launcher is on screen.
I think it is due to XServer automatically centers windows with _NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE_SPLASH, which is certainly not needed.

Upd: Yes, this is the reason. Fix is trivial: replace XResizeWindow with XMoveResizeWindow

Last edited by Mitrandir; 2010-07-27 at 15:11.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mitrandir For This Useful Post:
Posts: 232 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Idaho
Release new deb with fix please
http://youtube.com/mgamerz