Active Topics

Originally Posted by ajalkane View Post
I don't think BT Toggle code is any help here. I think it's functionality is pretty much what ProfileMatic's BlueTooth action does. NFC condition to match tags and then execute some actions is what's needed to do this.
I suppose I was wondering out-loud whether there is a specific software 'toggle' instruction they use (with the firmware taking care of the rest) as opposed to using 'if-then' type code. I kept getting hints when reading through some of the NFC documentation that such a 'toggle' instruction for BT might exist.... but maybe not

I'd still like to get toggling with matching NDEF tag statements working at some stage as I don't like being defeated by a problem! I could get it to work by using the ToggleBT if I could work out how to register the program in the NDEF handler to match particular types of tag.

Posts: 1,313 | Thanked: 2,977 times | Joined on Jun 2011 @ Finland
Originally Posted by WhitP View Post
I suppose I was wondering out-loud whether there is a specific software 'toggle' instruction they use (with the firmware taking care of the rest) as opposed to using 'if-then' type code. I kept getting hints when reading through some of the NFC documentation that such a 'toggle' instruction for BT might exist.... but maybe not
I can say at least, that the Harmattan programming APIs do not have any code to toggle BT connection. So if-else is what needs to be done.

I'd still like to get toggling with matching NDEF tag statements working at some stage as I don't like being defeated by a problem! I could get it to work by using the ToggleBT if I could work out how to register the program in the NDEF handler to match particular types of tag.
This might be possible by registering a DBus service. See here for some hints:

http://doc.qt.nokia.com/qt-mobility-...ssage-handlers

Especially the "Meego 1.2 Harmattan" portion.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Installed 1.6 and it works nicely. Noticed one thing though, if I have a rule that changes availability (from available to away with gtalk) the text does not change.

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Installed 1.6 and it works nicely. Noticed one thing though, if I have a rule that changes availability (from available to away with gtalk) the text does not change.
This is by design, if I understand correctly. The summary in ui only says 'availability changes' regardless what changes there are.

This is for simplicity of code and also for practical reasons. Since there might be quite many accounts (gtalk, msn, skype etc) and each of them different settings (some online, some away, some busy etc), it'd be a bit annoying to construct meaningful summary in the available space.

So the genetic summary if anything is done to availability was chosen.

Posts: 704 | Thanked: 241 times | Joined on Dec 2011 @ Johannesburg - South Africa
This is by design, if I understand correctly. The summary in ui only says 'availability changes' regardless what changes there are.

This is for simplicity of code and also for practical reasons. Since there might be quite many accounts (gtalk, msn, skype etc) and each of them different settings (some online, some away, some busy etc), it'd be a bit annoying to construct meaningful summary in the available space.

How U guys getting it if it's not in store yet?

Since Nokia Store, apparently, has some upgrading to do which causes all MeeGo application updates to delay for up-to few weeks... I'm publishing the final 1.6.0 version I uploaded to Nokia store here for those interested:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....6.0_armel.deb

If you have installed a version from Nokia Store, you must uninstall it before installing this version.

Muzimak: the easiest way to install this version is, by using Firefox. If you don't have Firefox, install it from Nokia store. Then come to this page and click the link I put above. It will then install automatically.

The Following User Says Thank You to ajalkane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland

Ok. I don't like the design, but I think I get it Normally when IM clients change their availability also the message is changed to "Away as a result of being idle" or to "Not available as a result of being idle" or something like that. Now that is not possible.

you can not pair status with a status message like maemo5 ( n900 ) i fill a bug report about this but nothing was done and will not done:

http://harmattan-bugs.nokia.com/show_bug.cgi?id=151

Originally Posted by Petteri View Post
Ok. I don't like the design, but I think I get it Normally when IM clients change their availability also the message is changed to "Away as a result of being idle" or to "Not available as a result of being idle" or something like that. Now that is not possible.
Just a minute... I may have misunderstood what you said earlier.

So is this the problem:

- You have a rule in ProfileMatic that changes availability to "Away". And also in ProfileMatic you set the "Status message" to something like "Away as a result of being idle"
- When the rule activates, availability goes to idle, but your status message is not updated to "Away as a result of being idle" as specified in ProfileMatic.

Is this the issue? If it is, it's not working as supposed and requires some looking into.

Posts: 458 | Thanked: 783 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ France
[QUOTE=ajalkane;1197086]Since Nokia Store, apparently, has some upgrading to do which causes all MeeGo application updates to delay for up-to few weeks... I'm publishing the final 1.6.0 version I uploaded to Nokia store here for those interested:

http://www.kolumbus.fi/~ks2877/profi....6.0_armel.deb

If you have installed a version from Nokia Store, you must uninstall it before installing this version.

Muzimak: the easiest way to install this version is, by using Firefox. If you don't have Firefox, install it from Nokia store. Then come to this page and click the link I put above. It will then install automatically.

Hi ajalkane,

Installing the package manually under console, I see some messages (look the one in bold ...) :

~ # dpkg -i profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb
aegis-deb-release: Missing ':' in ' b27838cd7450c6f10d39ce9491ec20a1 756954 free/source/Sources
d91852b967d8dbeab6248c6f1556405c 224347 free/source/Sources.gz
144e299a324fedc82763cb3ddfacadd1743cd7ed 756954 free/source/Sources
44afe3219b48edd1fe357726716df2e02dcf4759 224347 free/source/Sources.gz
c3ca448e424cefa1c2f1468847a2230fccea9ef3afafcb5cd9 27cd99914e8cea 756954 free/source/Sources
f507ece4b736634f52ef579e5742313df4ba1b19da1f9483f8 bb2e214e578690 224347 free/source/Sources.gz
'
Sélection du paquet profilematic précédemment désélectionné.
(Lecture de la base de données... 47156 fichiers et répertoires déjà installés.)
Dépaquetage de profilematic (à partir de profilematic_1.6.0_armel.deb) ...
aegis-installing profilematic (from '')
Package profilematic: denied 'mce:eviceModeControl' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package profilematic: denied 'mce:eviceModeControl' for '/opt/profilematic/bin/profilematicd' -- origin '' does not allow it
Package profilematic: denied 'mce:eviceModeControl' for 'applauncherd-launcher::/usr/bin/applauncherd.bin' -- origin '' does not allow it

Paramétrage de profilematic (1.6.0) ...
Changing ProfileMatic configuration file ownership to user
Starting profilematicd ...
apps/profilematicd start/running, process 9959
Traitement des actions différées («*triggers*») pour «*desktop-file-utils*»...
Traitement des actions différées («*triggers*») pour «*hicolor-icon-theme*»...
Traitement des actions différées («*triggers*») pour «*applauncherd-launcher*»...
Do you think something is not installed properly ?

A++