Notices

Posts: 40 | Thanked: 112 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Poland
Hi,
First sorry for my English language
I want to show my first maemo application - MaePyGallery. Month ago, I started to learn Python and PySide and to learn both I decided to write a gallery which will work in both desktop modes and will be better than maemo gallery. I write it on my N900 so it works on maemo, don't know how it is with MeeGo. I used PyGTKEditor
Program uses system thumbnails from /home/user/.thumbnails/cropped .
Interface of app:

If you hold on miniature, you can mark it to delete, it will get red background, after you click on menu and Delete selected. You can change directory, app not loads subfolders, app sometime wrong gets orientation, if it is click refresh button. When you made some pictures with camera, click refresh to update miniatures, new pics will get blue background. When you click miniature, fullscreen window with this picture will be displayed.
Interface of fullscreen window:
Invisible buttons, working on release event:

It is better to swipe through screen side to activate it (like in MeeGo) than trying to hit it Swipe left or right in center to show prev or next picture. Swipe upside down to minimalize or from down to up to fit picture (gestures works only when picture size is in display size). DoubleClick will zoom in picture, doubleclick again to zoom out. When picture is zoomed side buttons still works, and you can go on next pic for example.
With 5Mpix pictures it is lagging a bit, but so much

Keys in first window:
Q - quit
R - refresh

Keys in second window:
Q - quit
Z - zoom in
X - zoom out
C - fit picture
M - previous picture
Space - next picture

I still have some ideas for it, and I am still learning qt libs. I have requested to upload it to extras-devel.

I want to make:
- options window
- better doubleClick recognize
- speedup loading pictures

App is avaible in extras-devel repository.
What do you think about it ?

====================================
Version 0.1.5-1 loads correct size of images
===================================
New update ! 0.1.6-1
Added:
- Autorotation
- Rotating images in new toolbar

It's looks like:

buttons: prev. Image, mark to delete, close window, hide toolbar, rotate image, fit image, next Image

I have used maemo icons hope you have it too, if not I will include it to package.
Now you can mark image for deleting in Fullscreen window, when you mark image You will see maemo banner with info, when you are viewing images and you will get marked image, you will see maemo banner with info.
I used maemo banners because setting red background of delete icon makes image set to left corner, it's because of setStyleSheet func.

Now I will try to save data to files, and read it, if it will work, I hope second loading will be much faster.

================================================== =
New MaePyGalleryQML !!!

Click "Load" button to load images. It will only load images from /home/user/MyDocs/DCIM.
"Up" and "Down" buttons gets you to beggining of grid and end.
You can press or swipe to the left thumbnail to load image, and you will see:

With slider on right you can manuall zoom image, or you can double press on image to quick zoom.
With "+90" and "-90" you can rotate image.

Swipe through left screen edge to get back to images grid.
Swipe through upper screen edge to Zoom out and center the image.

=======New update ver. 0.2.1========
Changes:
- sorting images by date, by default (The newest to oldest)
- Up-Down bar now is in bottom of images grid
- fixed rotating app when viewing full screen images (it's not getting you to images grid)
- added "info" button, now you can check simple info about file (size, date of creation, modify date, filename, filesize). Exif information not implemented yet.

What I want to do:
- speed up app loading or run it in background
- minimizing app by swipe through upper edge of screen
- deleting images

This is beta release, not everything work ok, tell me if you like it

If You like it, and if You can:

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/websc...if%3aNonHosted
for a beer

Last edited by jendkers; 2012-06-02 at 18:27.

The Following 37 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
I tried this on Maemo 4.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/MaePyGallery.py", line 7, in <module>
from PySide.QtCore import QThread, QTimer, QObject, QEvent, QPoint, QCoreApplication, Qt, QSize
ImportError: No module named PySide.QtCore

Am I missing a junkload of dependencies because of the older OS?

The Following User Says Thank You to Addison For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,103 | Thanked: 368 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ india, indore
I will stick to the thread and will get it when it comes to extra devel

BTW Thanks!!!

get your smooth live wallpaper today
My YouTube videos

design directory based categories.

Posts: 293 | Thanked: 163 times | Joined on Jan 2012 @ beijing-islamabad
not bad . good work mate

If there is no PySide libs for maemo4 it will not run, btw. I am using QtMaemo5 libs, so it still will not run on maemo 4.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
really promissing..still i dont see almost no thumbnails..the few i see have weird spacing between them..but mostly all i see is black..and when i click on a thumb the image appears maximized and dsitorted to the screen proportions..am i missing something?tks

Do you change directory to your photos directory ? on my n900 works ok, default dir is "home/user/MyDocs/DCIM". Can you do screenshot ?
For now, the picture is resized to screen width and height, I am searching for info how to read picture info, in next version it will be added. If you double click on picture it will loads correct w/h of picture.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post:
Posts: 336 | Thanked: 129 times | Joined on Jan 2011 @ portugal
http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/2...2040608420.png

here you go..so i see by the scollbar that the app is loading very very fast the images..bum in 3000pics only appear maybe 20 thumbs, all the space that woud be for the other thumbs to appear is left black...stil if i click one of these thumbs and slide to next photos they all appear normally and really fast too.
i am so happy with the prospect of having a fas portrait image viewer..can you help me?
i have kp50, cssu testing, qt-components-10

The Following User Says Thank You to ed_boner For This Useful Post:
I have same spec in n900. So when you click and slide, there appears images that don't have thumb ? or you have only this images that have visable thumbs ?
btw. open xterminal and type:
python /opt/maepygallery/maepygallery.py
and tell me if in xterminal appears "null pixmap" /path to file/ if not tell me too.

The Following User Says Thank You to jendkers For This Useful Post: