Posts: 415 | Thanked: 161 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ San Francisco, CA
It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.
So I downgraded to Aurora and the problem is fixed, however I'm also unable to install the latest versions of Nightly.

Originally Posted by jalyst View Post
This is decent idea but aren't you inevitably going to be doubling-up on many bugs that are already doco'd in the tracker & the dev sub-forum?*
This should just be focussing on the new bugs/regressions that have arisen since PR1.3...
To avoid others I guess you'll have to cross-reference against the tracker & the dev forum, or users that still have PR1.2. (ideally clean flashed)

*that's been the place to report bugs since the tracker was closed a few weeks after PR1.2
Thanks for that, I'll have the links in the first post.

Originally Posted by automagic68 View Post
It seems in PR1.3 I'm unable to open links in text messages, my default browser is set to nightly from Romaxa's Fennec builds.
So I downgraded to Aurora and the problem is fixed, however I'm also unable to install the latest versions of Nightly.
Hmmmmm... This seams to be more of a Firefox bug than a N9 system bug. Clad you got it working though.

Vromoth

The Following User Says Thank You to Vromoth For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Vromoth View Post
Sorry about that trayhoper, its up now.

Deltor, I have not had that problem. But make sure you get 9.7 not 9.4 which is on the start page. 9.7 is somewhere later in the thread. But it is worth it. However after uninstalling before upgrading to pr1.3 I did get malf but I had already backed up my data so it was all good.

Is this a bug? Please elaborate, is it only for a certain type of email account or for all?
I read the thread and there was soemone there who said be mindful if you have some apps installed because he/she went into constant reboot loops when installed and seeing as I have those apps, I got a little scared.

I have noticed a new bug and I don't know if it's just my N9....I cannot watch video on the preloaded youtube app. It won't load at all! What could be the fix for this...if there's any?

Last edited by Deltor26; 2012-07-24 at 14:03.

Posts: 278 | Thanked: 114 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ SD, CA
Recently i realized there are some really annoying things about the N9. I ll start off the list.

1. If you dont have an internet connection, like when you are roaming, the internet connection dialog will pop up so excessively that you wont be able to do anything, literally. You have to keep swiping it away and somehow manage to open settings and turn off internet connections. Takes a while and VERRRRRRYY annoying.
2. Maps always zooms down to the micro level on startup. I just want it to stay where it is.
3. You dont get a skype call option if the number is not in international format. +1.

Moderator | Posts: 6,215 | Thanked: 6,400 times | Joined on Nov 2011
For the first one disable background connections and ensure you don't have Web or Wazapp running; they are the cause of the persistent prompts. Sometimes you need to enable and disable the background connections again.

Also mcetool should be able to help too iirc.

2) Maps go down to where you are; its a feature I appreciate so bug maybe for you.

3) Agreed

EDIT: Threads merged!

Last edited by thedead1440; 2013-03-16 at 11:29.

The Following User Says Thank You to thedead1440 For This Useful Post:
Actually, enable background connections to solve No.1. Yes, it's counter intuitive which is why many users complain about it. However there are some really bad apps which keep asking for connection like Smartrunner.

IThink Skype requires numbers in that format, so that is not a bug.

Last edited by pagis; 2013-03-16 at 08:23.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 710 times | Joined on May 2012 @ Beirut, Lebanon
I usually get rid of the 1st annoying thing by simply quitting Wazapp. This is the cause of it for me. Just try to quit Wazapp before disconnecting, and you won't see this again

Originally Posted by Dave999
I will vote AMD for president next time if I'm having any shares during next meeting.

Do good for a human being and like my art page!

lack of integrated hardware keyboard
for that reason alone my N9 mostly stays @ home, effectively unused

the international number format is indeed a Skype feature / requirement, no matter what the platform.
don't blame it on the N9 (or N900 for that matter - is the same)

lack of camera button

lack of (µ-)SD slot; i have a 64GB model, but having to go thru all the connection circus all the time to actually safely store your data (backups or otherwise) is a hassle

in line with the "applications market" rubbish there is no "easy" aka user-friendly way to install apps from repository (see lack of HW kbd for apt-get...)
apps effectively only can be installed (comfortably) from OVI store.