Notices

Posts: 3,319 | Thanked: 5,610 times | Joined on Aug 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by v13 View Post
I'm planning some things like portrait mode (the app is already partially portrait-mode ready) and finger-based switching of the view, but I need Qt 4.6 which is not available yet, but it will be in PR1.2.
Technically, you need an updated/recompiled PyQt for Qt4.6 with the extra classes and attribs (a la Qt::WA_Maemo5PortraitOrientation), and it's me who needs Qt4.6 to be able to do that

Posts: 376 | Thanked: 511 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Greece
Originally Posted by attila77 View Post
Technically, you need an updated/recompiled PyQt for Qt4.6 with the extra classes and attribs (a la Qt::WA_Maemo5PortraitOrientation), and it's me who needs Qt4.6 to be able to do that
That's what I meant

I need it because you need it... It's a special kind of bonding

Originally Posted by v13 View Post
In fact, the way maemo dependencies work, it should cause the required libraries to be promoted to extras. However, due to the way the whole thing works they didn't and they required manual intervention. This was done at most a couple of hours after the promotion of WifiEye to extras, so it should not be a problem. According to this, this and this, the required libraries are available in extras.

I suggest you update the catalog and try again and if it fails report back.
Yes, It now works fine (I assume it did when you posted too :P). I guess I just checked to soon after the promotion.

Thanks for the info of how Extras works, do you have any nice sources as to explain why it didn't work the first time?

Very nice program btw, love the GUI

Originally Posted by ecksun View Post
Thanks for the info of how Extras works, do you have any nice sources as to explain why it didn't work the first time?
Long ago, in a distant land, there was a version of PyQt that got promoted into Extras. It was soon discovered that the promotion mechanism pulled in some packages (even though PyQt defined them only as optional) that should have not ended up in Extras. To avoid total breakage, these modules were then removed. /fast forward to present day/ WiFiEye gets promoted, but the promotion mechanism does not promote the necessary PyQt modules as it thinks they have already been promoted, but in reality they are missing due to the deletion. Admins promote the necessary PyQt packages by hand, WiFiEye becomes installable again, everybody happy.

EDIT: I'd be grateful if peole could join testing my packages to avoid situations like this (if I can promote these 'master' packages, we don't need to poke admins as in the case of WiFiEye)

Last edited by attila77; 2010-03-06 at 11:20.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Sometimes it isn't working. I have to restart the app 2-4 times to make it work.

Btw i love the app

Posts: 263 | Thanked: 77 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Sigtuna, Sweden
Only for maemo 5 ?
Or might it work on an N810 ?

Will there possibly be a future diablo version ?

Originally Posted by KristianW View Post
Only for maemo 5 ?
Or might it work on an N810 ?

Will there possibly be a future diablo version ?
python-wifi seems to be missing from the dependencies... not sure if there is any inherent reason for that or simply nobody bothered. PyQt is available for the N810, so no problem there.

The Following User Says Thank You to attila77 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 209 | Thanked: 44 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Austria
Hello
I cannot update WifiEye. The application manager says that a file is corrupt.

Updated to PR 1.2 but I still can't install WifiEye. Help!

Last edited by Mr. Incredible; 2010-05-25 at 16:30.

I just promoted a new version (0.6.1-3) of wifieye to extras-testing. Changes are:
  • Some code cleanups.
  • Proper credit to authors of wifi-analyzer in package description.
  • Switch from python-wifi to parsing the output of "iwlist scan". This allows for (a) porting to diablo and (b) getting encryption information.
  • Display authentication and encryption information in details view.
  • Better sorting in details view.
  • An about dialog with licencing information.

Attached is a screenshot of the improved details view.

As always you are invited to test this version and vote appropriately.

Edit: Version 0.6.1-3 had a dependency that was not specified. Version 0.6.1-4 includes the dependency (wireless-tools) but it was removed from the repositories a couple of hours before uploading wifieye (!). Please ignore this update until I find out how to solve the problem. Of course you're free to try it and experiment but you'll have to install wireless-tools by yourself.
Attached Images

Last edited by v13; 2010-05-25 at 21:27.

The Following User Says Thank You to v13 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Mr. Incredible View Post
Hello
I cannot update WifiEye. The application manager says that a file is corrupt.

Updated to PR 1.2 but I still can't install WifiEye. Help!
Can you provide more information? What the "Details" button shows? If you run as root in a terminal:

Code:
# apt-get install wifieye
does it fail? What are the errors?

p.s. I just uploaded a newer version. Perhaps you can try this one.