Notices

how do i vote for this? i neeeeeed this on my n900!

Posts: 14 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Moscow
There seems to be a lot of interesting files in /sys subdirectory for the FM transmitter. Perhaps we need to check out region_bottom_frequency, region_top_frequency, region_channel_spacing.

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:~# ls /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/
acomp_attack_time        bus                      name                     rds_enabled              region_bottom_frequency  tone_deviation
acomp_enabled            driver                   pilot_deviation          rds_pi                   region_channel_spacing   tone_frequency
acomp_gain               limiter_deviation        pilot_enabled            rds_ps_name              region_preemphasis       tone_off_time
acomp_release_time       limiter_enabled          pilot_frequency          rds_pty                  region_top_frequency     tone_on_time
acomp_threshold          limiter_release_time     power                    rds_radio_text           stereo_enabled           tune_measure
antenna_capacitor        modalias                 power_level              region                   subsystem                uevent
EDIT: typos.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fionbio For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by bandora View Post
Create a brainstorm idea and I'll vote for it for sure..
I'm trying to make a brainstorm, im logged in with the forums but cant log in to do a brainstorm :-(

any one want to put this forward feel free

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
brainstorm requires a different account afaik
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

so this proposal is dead? i need to transmit in lower frequencies than 88 mhz

Posts: 543 | Thanked: 151 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Germany
We need to modify the region_bottom_frequency I guess?

Originally Posted by carlit0x View Post
so this proposal is dead? i need to transmit in lower frequencies than 88 mhz
can you make the brainstorm please im a bit busy for the next few weeks with work

Originally Posted by fionbio View Post
There seems to be a lot of interesting files in /sys subdirectory for the FM transmitter. Perhaps we need to check out region_bottom_frequency, region_top_frequency, region_channel_spacing.

Code:
Nokia-N900-42-11:~# ls /sys/class/i2c-adapter/i2c-2/2-0063/
acomp_attack_time        bus                      name                     rds_enabled              region_bottom_frequency  tone_deviation
acomp_enabled            driver                   pilot_deviation          rds_pi                   region_channel_spacing   tone_frequency
acomp_gain               limiter_deviation        pilot_enabled            rds_ps_name              region_preemphasis       tone_off_time
acomp_release_time       limiter_enabled          pilot_frequency          rds_pty                  region_top_frequency     tone_on_time
acomp_threshold          limiter_release_time     power                    rds_radio_text           stereo_enabled           tune_measure
antenna_capacitor        modalias                 power_level              region                   subsystem                uevent
EDIT: typos.
Thats the receiver mod - region_bottom_frequecy has 87500 in it - therefore must be receiver.

I am really interested in this - create and I'll vote!

It could be the transmitter if the limit of 88 MHz is in the software.