Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
Hi,

I have a problem with my n900. It just won't boot anymore. When I press the top-button it will show the white background with the nokia logo and I get the vibrition feedback. (no white LED light) Then it stays there for a while and after a while it shuts itself down.

I tried to reflash, didn't make any difference.

My battery is fully charged.

I've had some more problems with my n900 in the past:

*The indicator LED kept flashing or was solid and wouldn't go away, only after removing the battery.

*The nokia wouldn't go directly in stand-by mode by double pressing the top button or sliding the side button, eventually after a couple of seconds it would go in stand-by.

I have not installed anything risky I think, the only third-party apps where: flashlight, vgba, drsnes, zoutube, witter, custom operator tag and the cpu usage meter.

I searched this forum but I couldn't find anything similar so I made my own thread.

I hope you guys have an solution for my problem, and sorry for any possible grammar or word mistakes, my English is not that good.

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
Originally Posted by Reekels View Post
Hi,

I have a problem with my n900. It just won't boot anymore. When I press the top-button it will show the white background with the nokia logo and I get the vibrition feedback. (no white LED light) Then it stays there for a while and after a while it shuts itself down.

I tried to reflash, didn't make any difference.

My battery is fully charged.

I've had some more problems with my n900 in the past:

*The indicator LED kept flashing or was solid and wouldn't go away, only after removing the battery.

*The nokia wouldn't go directly in stand-by mode by double pressing the top button or sliding the side button, eventually after a couple of seconds it would go in stand-by.

I have not installed anything risky I think, the only third-party apps where: flashlight, vgba, drsnes, zoutube, witter, custom operator tag and the cpu usage meter.

I searched this forum but I couldn't find anything similar so I made my own thread.

I hope you guys have an solution for my problem, and sorry for any possible grammar or word mistakes, my English is not that good.
Curious as to what the colour of the LED that was flashing/blinking was (Red means error)
Can you try reflsahing the device? http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_f...ng_your_device

Edit: sorry, didn't notice you already reflashed.

Last edited by MohammadAG; 2010-05-04 at 22:43.

The Following User Says Thank You to MohammadAG For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
What does "I TRIED to reflash. Didn't make any difference" mean? Did you reflash? What happened?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ The Netherlands
@MohammadAG the colour of the LED that keeped on was the color it was supposed to be, so with an text-message blue, while charging orange, while starting white, but it kept flashing even when I had read the text-message, also when I unplugged the device after fully charging, the green light kept on etc.

@geneven I have flashed my n900 twice, the first time my n900 worked great again but just for one day, then when I turned it of it wouldn't start anymore, so I flashed it again, but now it dousn't start anymore as I mentioned.

Btw both times the flasher reported that everyting went succesfull.
I flashed the device with the file: "RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin"

I live in the Netherlands so the file should be the good one right?.

Sry for bumping.

I have the exact same problem, led wouldnt stop flashing and when I rebooted it wouldnt boot. I have also tried flashing (succesfully) with no luck. Have you found any sollution?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Alameda, CA
I too am having a problem with my N900 not booting past the white NOKIA screen. Tried reflashing twice, but no change. Help!

To be more specific, I am able to get the phone into USB mode, but when I attempt to flash, nothing happens. No error messages in the command line, but the phone light doesn't flash and it doesn't reboot. It just sits there with the dimmed NOKIA logo and a solid yellow light...

Banned | Posts: 778 | Thanked: 337 times | Joined on Jun 2010
whats the last thing u did?
and do u think caused it?

Well, I installed Fcam, or at least attempted to. That caused the phone to go into a loop of constant rebooting, so I flashed it and then installed fcam and all seemed to be ok, except that after a while, I noticed things were a little different. Some software that I redownloaded didn't work or didn't appear, and I could no longer access the ovi store. I would get a message saying that I had to upgrade Maemo 5! So I tried to do SSU update and apparently something went wrong...

In my case, I think it is a hardware malfunction. Because in 2 of the hundreds of times I tried to boot it the boot screen (the one with the nokia logo) had a text on top saying something along the lines "device malfunction. The device will shutdown in 10", which ofc counted down until it shut down. I will contact nokia tomorrow when their support opens to see how I should proceed.