Hello everyone,

This is my first post on here, although I have been hanging around for a while!

I am one of the happier N900 owners around here, from what I can gather and I have to say some of the support provided by people on here is fantastic.

Not only that I think that some of the developers aound here deserve a big pat on the back for the applications and themes produced, and the guys working on porting Android (NiTroid) and those modding the existing Maemo kernel so we can overclock etc...There's a lot of intelligent peolple out there doing a lot of hard work all for sweet FA! So thanks very much it makes owning the N900 a much more pleasurable experience!

Anyway back to the point!!! I found this earlier regarding the next MeeGo ARM/N900 meeting, if you check out the agenda It mentions "Preparing for handset day 1". The meeting doesn't happen til the 24th...

http://wiki.meego.com/ARM/N900/Meetings

Not speculating as to the actual release date, but here's hoping maybe we will see it released some time this month!

Last edited by mrbroph; 2010-06-21 at 13:39. Reason: Forgot to post the link! Oh dear!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to mrbroph For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 3,412 | Thanked: 1,043 times | Joined on Feb 2010
Would like to think so ha.

Posts: 402 | Thanked: 451 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ India
This months release would be an Alpha though. The final 1.1 (includes Handset UI) is slated for some time in October 2010.

qgil tweeted this today:
@quimgil: MeeGo 1.1 Release Plan http://wiki.meego.com/Release_Engineering/Plans/1.1

Last edited by vkv.raju; 2010-06-21 at 13:43.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to vkv.raju For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
This months release would be an Alpha though. The final 1.1 (includes Handset UI) is slated for some time in October 2010.
I'm guessing no promises of stability then! Still it'll be nice to see how it's going to look/ feel.

Posts: 5,335 | Thanked: 8,187 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Pennsylvania, USA
Originally Posted by mrbroph View Post
I'm guessing no promises of stability then! Still it'll be nice to see how it's going to look/ feel.
Yes, the impending release will open the UX up for development, both for contributing to the UX itself and for building and testing applications on top if it. It's not intended to be stable or feature complete enough for standard, end-user use.

Posts: 105 | Thanked: 62 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by vkv.raju View Post
This is probably also the release date for N9 or whatever the next maemo/meego device is called.

Lol, Nokia already lost. Don't really know what they are trying to achieve now.

Posts: 250 | Thanked: 122 times | Joined on May 2009 @ Colorado
Lost? Lost what? Please explain yourself.

Another thing, just because a company "loses", which I have no idea what you're referring to, doesn't mean they stop working on better technologies. By that logic, no one would still be working on anything.

Jesse~