Active Topics

Posts: 110 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Bangalore
I have the same problem. I think mine is 86% when the charging led turns green. It's a Nokia genuine battery.
Freemangordon, did you check on the Asha phone whether it is charging to 100% ??

Posts: 1,503 | Thanked: 2,688 times | Joined on Oct 2010 @ Denmark
Originally Posted by Sandeep View Post
I have the same problem. I think mine is 86% when the charging led turns green. It's a Nokia genuine battery.
Freemangordon, did you check on the Asha phone whether it is charging to 100% ??
Don't go by the %, what voltage is it reporting when charged?

if it is reporting over 4100mv (4.10V) then your over 90% not 80-85%

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
Originally Posted by Hurrian View Post
Where do you find these new 1430mAh batteries?

I think you'll need to recalibrate the battery chip.
you can buy this battery on nokia centers, specialy made for new phones like x1-01,i think the pure 808 use the 1430mAh, i am using same battery now,i took it to my x1-01,my battery is ok and longer last working thanks nokia

Posts: 1,236 | Thanked: 1,278 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ Balochistan
i also took a battery from X1-01. it only charges till 85.5 % never goes more than this. will check its voltage as Dr Frost suggested.

my phones own battery 1320 mAh one charges till 96% its quite old now and also doesn't hold charge for too long.

Posts: 58 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ philippines
maybe there is something wrong for that,and i will check it today

Posts: 424 | Thanked: 196 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sweden
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
You will have to wait until a full BME replacement is done. Things are moving, but don't hold your breath, it will take some time
According to the changelog for KP51,
"Added bq2415x charger driver (blacklisted by default)"
http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=445

Is that related to the problem with new BL-5J batteries?
Anything I should test?

The Following User Says Thank You to toxaris For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
@toxaris,

It's not directly related, but with KP51 and bq2415x enabled you can effectively get rid of BME and the kernel will take care of charging the battery nicely.

I've done that. I have even uninstalled BME, and charging works. Obviously the battery meter doesn't work (it shows always half-full, that's how it was when I removed bme). But I just monitor the voltage and extrapolate in my head (basically, take the voltage in mv, subtract 3000 and you get a rough estimate of the mAh). Good enough for me I'd say.

Posts: 3,074 | Thanked: 12,960 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Sofia,Bulgaria
Originally Posted by reinob View Post
@toxaris,

It's not directly related, but with KP51 and bq2415x enabled you can effectively get rid of BME and the kernel will take care of charging the battery nicely.

I've done that. I have even uninstalled BME, and charging works. Obviously the battery meter doesn't work (it shows always half-full, that's how it was when I removed bme). But I just monitor the voltage and extrapolate in my head (basically, take the voltage in mv, subtract 3000 and you get a rough estimate of the mAh). Good enough for me I'd say.
Any chance to get you onboard for those:

https://gitorious.org/hald-addon-bme
https://gitorious.org/libbmeipc

720p video support on N900,SmartReflex on N900,Keyboard and mouse support on N900
Nothing is impossible - Stable thumb2 on n900

Community SSU developer
kernel-power developer and maintainer

The Following User Says Thank You to freemangordon For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,808 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Feb 2011 @ Germany
Originally Posted by freemangordon View Post
Any chance to get you onboard for those:

https://gitorious.org/hald-addon-bme
https://gitorious.org/libbmeipc
I see three problems with that:

(1) I'm too old fashioned. Never used git or any revision/version control systems. Just plain Makefile. But I can learn.

(2) I actually would prefer to turn Maemo into something more Linux-standard-ish. Meaning no BME. Hopefully also no HAL and even no DBUS (somehow I despise anything supported by freedesktop.org -- don't know why -- it seems there's a coordinated effort to over-complicate things).

(3) Lack of time.

I'll nevertheless have a look at the code and see if I can figure out anything. I never made an effort to understand some parts of Maemo. Instead I just wanted to get rid of them (BME, DSME, HAL, OHM). I can I live with DBUS.. for now

Add.: I forgot upstart. I don't like it. It makes the whole boot process unduly complicated. The N900 doesn't need all of that. Just a "linear" boot script and another shutdown script.

The Following User Says Thank You to reinob For This Useful Post: