Notices

Closed Thread
Posts: 1,396 | Thanked: 2,796 times | Joined on Sep 2010 @ Caracas, Venezuela
Yes it needs to be cracked. That's what I'm working on right now.

It'll take several days maybe weeks.

The Following User Says Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 15 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Pune, India
We all are behind you Scorpius..!!!
Crack the new encryption like a rotten egg

how can I sync contacts once and never do it again (keep the list ) even after restarting yappari ?

sync consumes a lot of data with 3G connection

Originally Posted by tonypower88 View Post
how can I sync contacts once and never do it again (keep the list ) even after restarting yappari ?

sync consumes a lot of data with 3G connection
There's no way to do that. So far what you can do is never restart

Synchronization is like 100 bytes per contact average. If you have 100 contacts is just 1 KB. I have like 150 contacts.

If you have 1000 contacts is just 10 KB.

I wonder what's "a lot of data" to you.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Just out of curiosity, what did you change between v0.22 and v0.23? How come you can postpone a new encryption?

Originally Posted by Fallingwater View Post
Thanks for the fix, installing now.

How is this done? Does the encryption need to be cracked? Any ideas on how long it'd take?
Actually minutes? It's done

I have successfully made Yappari a 100% successful spoof of an original client. No more blocks from WhatsApp for the next release.

Last edited by Scorpius; 2012-10-12 at 20:19.

The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Wreck View Post
Just out of curiosity, what did you change between v0.22 and v0.23? How come you can postpone a new encryption?
WhatsApp is migrating everybody quickly to the new protocol but not all platforms are ready. Android, Symbian, Windows Phone and some others are already blocked, but there are some that are not and they still allow the old method. I just changed the Yappari spoof method to a platform that's still allowed.

Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, new method is implemented and works. Since I had to rewrote almost half of the code there are little things that were working that aren't right now, so I'll be testing and fixing a lot for the next days.

Also I won't release until at least a new feature is implemented, since for the end user, 0.0.23 and 0.0.24 would be identical even if they are totally different on the inside.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Scorpius For This Useful Post:
Posts: 461 | Thanked: 358 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Bilbao (Basque Country [Spain])
Originally Posted by Scorpius View Post

I have successfully made Yappari a 100% successful spoof of an original client. No more blocks from WhatsApp for the next release.
You are f*cking awesome dude!

The Following User Says Thank You to malkavian For This Useful Post:
Posts: 304 | Thanked: 266 times | Joined on Apr 2011 @ Apeldoorn area, Netherlands
Anyway it doesn't matter anymore, new method is implemented and works. Since I had to rewrote almost half of the code there are little things that were working that aren't right now, so I'll be testing and fixing a lot for the next days.
Thanks for the explanation

You did that real fast, keep it up!

WhatsApp is migrating everybody quickly to the new protocol but not all platforms are ready. Android, Symbian, Windows Phone and some others are already blocked, but there are some that are not and they still allow the old method. I just changed the Yappari spoof method to a platform that's still allowed.

Also I won't release until at least a new feature is implemented, since for the end user, 0.0.23 and 0.0.24 would be identical even if they are totally different on the inside.
That's it, I'm donating!

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to solbrit For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread

Tags
alpha, awesomeness, best_client, let_it_die, mumbai_dumbai, read_first_post, whatsapp