Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by SD69 View Post
I don't think that Nokia manufactures handsets at any location closer to the US than Salo.
Pacific Rim.....

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
From the Nokia germany website.....for N900 launch

"Bei Vorbestellung ist eine Anlieferung voraussichtlich ab dem 12. Oktober 2009 möglich. Dies ist abhängig von der gewählten Versandart und Produkt-Verfügbarkeit."

after google translation :-)

"In one pre-delivery is expected by 12 October 2009 possible. This depends on the selected shipping and product availability."

by the time it will release the interest will be gone , just like the palm pre......

the least they could have done was to send out sample units for review to known websites so it helps customers decide and nokia to fix any unoticed bugs unless they have tons to hide !

I really dont think a lag of about 1.5 months between announcement and ship is that bad. I want my n900 as much as anyone and sure I am a little bummed about Oct 12th date, but really its not a long time in the scheme of things.

Posts: 2,669 | Thanked: 2,555 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post
From the Nokia germany website.....for N900 launch

"Bei Vorbestellung ist eine Anlieferung voraussichtlich ab dem 12. Oktober 2009 möglich. Dies ist abhängig von der gewählten Versandart und Produkt-Verfügbarkeit."

after google translation :-)

"In one pre-delivery is expected by 12 October 2009 possible. This depends on the selected shipping and product availability."

by the time it will release the interest will be gone , just like the palm pre......

the least they could have done was to send out sample units for review to known websites so it helps customers decide and nokia to fix any unoticed bugs unless they have tons to hide !
Two more weeks isn't going to hurt interest.

Posts: 109 | Thanked: 26 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ Caribbean
Originally Posted by krk969 View Post

Don't worry, there will be plenty of bugs to fix for quite some time after release.....it's the Nokia way.
And increasingly, they're not the only ones with this approach. It's a result of the fast pace of technology development and the consumer market.

Haha I'll be waiting on those bug fixes, for a slight price drop if it's not subsidized, and for the software here.

"Meamo!" sounds like what Zorro would say to catherine zeta jones... after she slaps him for looking at her dirtily...

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on May 2006 @ Aperture Science, Inc.
The first week after announcement expected delivery date was October 01 on the german Nokia website. Then they changed it to Oct 12. Now it's kinda colliding with the birthday of my girlfriend. Conflicts of interest :-(

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Birmingham
I have pre ordered mine in the UK from expansys and they have 23rd October on their web site.

I just have to play with my G1 till october.

Posts: 754 | Thanked: 630 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ London
Originally Posted by mullerrad View Post
I have pre ordered mine in the UK from expansys and they have 23rd October on their web site.

I just have to play with my G1 till october.
small correction mullerrad

expansys uk says oct 19th, and seems like they are giving away 30£ vouchers , for those who dont have maybe we can buy ourselves a 16gb card with some discount now....

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ Australia
Oh no you don't:
"The vouchers cannot be redeemed against orders containing
memory cards, USB flash disks"
Dang.