Posts: 258 | Thanked: 138 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ St. Louis, MO, USA
The nexus one reveal is also showing a lot of new features in Android 2.1. Every version Google is throwing some really useful new features in.

My favorites from 2.0? REAL navigation software... OVI maps looks RIDICULOUS next to that. Also, the voice command is so useful.
My favorite from 2.1? Voice entry in any field! Real email dictation. The 3D integrated into the core OS is really nice, too.

Android does this and Nokia can't push out bug fixes, much less new features? I don't buy the "it just came out" argument or the "step 4 of 5" defense. This is supposed to be a premiere device, but the OS is supposed to be the 4th generation of a "mature" OS. Why does my exchange still not work? Where is the innovation???

The hardware is nice, but I'm REALLY wanting to find some other motivated people to work with on porting Android. I had hoped to fall in love with Maemo/Nokia. I'm holding onto hope, but with Nokia's lack of communication and lack of innovation, it might not be too long before i look to sell this guy and move to a Nexus One. I'll miss the keyboard, but I won't need it as much with voice entry and multi-touch.

Yeah, but you're comparing an "internet tablet" to a phone/OS developed by a company whose sole existence is focused around "search". Its easier for Google to focus on implementing all their products into a device than Nokia...that and they have so many more products/developers. Deep pockets can do alot.

The (2) companies' focus/resources/drive (beat iPhone) are totally different. Now whether they should the strive to develop/innovate if they want to stay viable...most likely.

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
yeah, and no real keyboard...deal breaker for me any day!

Worst phone i ever seen...after 3Gs of course

Last edited by Dave999; 2010-01-05 at 19:15.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 208 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ saint petersburg, fl
n900 can do all of that.......It just needs the software. Android has been around awhile. Don't lose faith in something you just paid 600 dollars for so fast, especially when it has pretty much the same hardware.

And yet you still bought the device KNOWING it didn't have voice entry and multi touch. So who is to blame here? Nokia? I think not.
Agro ... : |*****-----] Relic(s) : G1, N900

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bratag For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Portugal
However, the target for N900 must be to do AT LEAST what Nexus does...

I'm not a dev, but given Nexus One presentation, people have to work hard on N900 if they want to have leveled with competition...otherwise it'll become a huge disappointment...

Bye

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to s1rl4ncel0t For This Useful Post:
Yep, three year old platforms on their third major revisions are usually a lot more polished.

The n900 shipped about 8 weeks ago. You might want to give it a little more time to catch up. Buy it or not, that's the way it works.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by twoboxen View Post
..This is supposed to be a premiere device, but the OS is supposed to be the 4th generation of a "mature" OS. Why does my exchange still not work?...
There's a ton of issues with the native Exchange and POP3 clients on the DROID...most people opting for 3rd party email apps, myself included. FWIW, I had to download a lot of apps onto my Droid to get same/similar functionality of the 900 out of the box...even if it was for "corrective" reasons.

I'm new to Maemo, but even though this is supposed to be "5th version" (?), wouldn't it still be considered "new" given that apps from previous versions of Maemo don't work on the 900?

Posts: 883 | Thanked: 980 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Bern, Switzerland
What do the Androids td the moment they are offline?

"the idea of truly having a computer in your pocket just moved a big step closer."

Last edited by twaelti; 2010-01-06 at 16:12.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to twaelti For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
When you enter late to market you do not have same amount of "testing" time what devices which were first had. Thats the price you have to pay for being late. It's acceptable to demand quite mature development when you have had time to catch up your competitor and copy their good things and avoid its mistakes.