Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Two very off-the-topic questions:

Is this an N8X0 focused project? Can a similar move be expected from N900 community?

Originally Posted by gsever View Post
Is this an N8X0 focused project?
Yes, this is very much Diablo-specific.

Can a similar move be expected from N900 community?
Yes, MohammadAG is starting something similar for Fremantle, see this thread.

The Following User Says Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,359 | Thanked: 717 times | Joined on May 2009 @ ...standing right behind you...
Originally Posted by lma View Post

AKA bug 2639, it's already in the queue :-)
I'd be more than happy to beta test
AutoScan, Diablo5 Theme, Dialcentral, DragLock, EmelFM2, FlipClock, gPodder, Headphoned, Knots 2, Maemo Mapper, mPlayer, openNTPD, OpenSSH, Panucci, Personal Launcher, QuickNote, Seqretary, SlideLock, Telescope, YellowNotes

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
remind me, the brower ui is closed yes? so no way for someone outside of nokia to fix the extra enter/return that we get when we use dpad center to bring up the thumbs osk? And is there any chance to get a microb build with a more speedy javascript engine via community ssu?

Originally Posted by tso View Post
remind me, the brower ui is closed yes? so no way for someone outside of nokia to fix the extra enter/return that we get when we use dpad center to bring up the thumbs osk?
... Or to have the option to change the DPad up & down behavior to work like Tear (or do page up & page down to make fpp happy ).

Posts: 4,783 | Thanked: 1,253 times | Joined on Aug 2007 @ norway
Originally Posted by tso View Post
remind me, the brower ui is closed yes? so no way for someone outside of nokia to fix the extra enter/return that we get when we use dpad center to bring up the thumbs osk? And is there any chance to get a microb build with a more speedy javascript engine via community ssu?
hmm, did a bit of checking using webkit-eal, and it seems the double enter/return goes away when using it so i guess the issue could be related to microb rather then browser-ui.

as such, perhaps investigating a microb update would be in order? hmrf, maybe i should take another look at getting that scratchbox set up...

The Following User Says Thank You to tso For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey lma,

Same weirdness as before (super small font), only this time, choosing any applet, even a stock one, crashes hildon-desktop (white scrreen then default icons only).

I'm thinking it's probably Xmms related since this is the app I use the most by far, but hey, what do I know?

Last edited by Addison; 2010-08-27 at 02:30. Reason: Pics didn't upload right

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Hey lma,

Same weirdness as before (super small font), only this time, choosing any applet, even a stock one, crashes hildon-desktop (white scrreen then default icons only).

I'm thinking it's probably Xmms related since this is the app I use the most by far, but hey, what do I know?

Happened several times on my N800, crashes hildon-desktop, white screen then default icons only, ok after a reboot.

Update: I determined that when I deselect "Large Statusbar Clock", I no longer have the problem.

Last edited by Den in USA; 2010-08-30 at 16:23.

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Does this also happen with one of the stock themes? Alternatively can you point me to somewhere I can download the theme you're using so I can test it locally?

Anything else non-standard on your setup?

Originally Posted by Den in USA View Post
Happened once so far on my N800, crashes hildon-desktop, white screen then default icons only, ok after a reboot.

Update, happened a second time, just now.
Same question, I need some way to reproduce this.

Posts: 1,390 | Thanked: 642 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ California USA
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Does this also happen with one of the stock themes? Alternatively can you point me to somewhere I can download the theme you're using so I can test it locally?

Anything else non-standard on your setup?

Same question, I need some way to reproduce this.
I use the standard "Glasser" theme on my N800, see screenshot:

Name:  Screen_Clock.jpg
Views: 1132
Size:  27.4 KB

Tags
diablo, maemo 4