Posts: 61 | Thanked: 60 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Erlangen
Does anyone know why one is not supposed to reflash the eMMC to a non pre production device? What exactly are the possible issues that might appear or is this only a warning to normal users as it will completely wipe the device? I used an n800 for 2 years now and reflashed it tons of times, so I just want to know if there is a way to reset a device to the shipping state without risk or if there are possible (technical) implications?

Posts: 1,169 | Thanked: 1,174 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ sunderland
Originally Posted by marpsoft View Post
OK Guys. Solution for all that have Vista 64bit OS (or other 64 bit microshit) and cant flash n900 and posible many other devices.
You need to turn on loading of unsigned drivers.
You do it by choosing option in text boot menu (the one that you will get after pushing "F8" key just on start of Windows booting).
You need to choose from text menu "Boot without checking for signed drivers" or similar (cant exactly write option name because got polish edition of Vista)
If someone can check how its called in english version properly then please write it.

Good luck.
Have a nice day.
And pray for fast firmware update (Bricked 2 times in 1 week).
this does not work for me, after pressing f8 during boot up,

1. there is NO option to turn on loading of unsigned drivers
2. there is NO option to "Boot without checking for signed drivers" or similar

instead i get a box asking me where i want to boot windows from?

does anyone have a 'working' solution for me, im bricked, ive read all the threads back to front for 4 hours, nothing ive read has worked, i just want to flash my phone cos its rebooting over and over again, im using vista 32bit

already tried this:
flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_2.2009.51-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R

it seemed to be doing something then just stopped, phone is still in bricked mode

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by leetut View Post

does anyone have a 'working' solution for me, im bricked, ive read all the threads back to front for 4 hours, nothing ive read has worked, i just want to flash my phone cos its rebooting over and over again, im using vista 32bit

already tried this:

it seemed to be doing something then just stopped, phone is still in bricked mode
Those instructions won't work because they're for 64-bit Vista. Anyway, it should just work in 32-bit, but I couldn't get it to work even on XP. I ended up booting a linux CD and flashing it from there - you could give that a try.

what if you flash, but after the regional settings you are right back in an infinite loop?

like this thread.

Am wanting to flash on a mac.... I have downloaded and installed Flasher -3.5. I have connected my N900 to my mac and all I have on the N900 screen is the NOKIA logo greyed out and the USB connection icon is also displayed... please help. How do I proceed?

I've managed to get the N900 to show the Orange led light continuously on. 770Flasher-2.0 is asking me for a Firmware Image to flash... what's that? I downloaded: "RX-51_2009SE_3.2010.02-8_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin"attachment

Is this the image? But flasher is not seeing this as an image. 770Flasher is seeing the image but saying: "Invalid FIASCO file header" And then it only gives me the option to quit the application...

Last edited by tirivaenim; 2010-04-30 at 08:15. Reason: More info.

flashing n900 with an xp or vista is a real pain it's a hit and miss trial and error situation. i installed ubuntu os on my computer (i have dual os now xp and ubuntu) and it works like magic! flashing is much better in a linux os than in windows os.

Originally Posted by leetut View Post

already tried this:

Hope this will help!
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic127187.html
At least for me worked fine!
I have reinstalled flasher-3.5 after disabling the signed drivers and it works!

I'm running XP Pro SP3 and have downloaded and installed flasher 3.5, but I cannot find a way of saving the .bin file to the program files as windows "does not recognise the file"

I've tried manually moving the downloaded files to the flasher program folder but that does not work either.

If anyone could assist with how to do this I'd be very grateful

RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1.203.1_PR_COMBINED_203_ARM.bin -f -R

EDIT:Thanks to Nathan (see post # 95) I realised an "%m" error meant windows could'nt find the file, this was because the corresponding file in the program folder was named differently to the above. Problem solved and my phone works again

Last edited by sevep; 2011-02-09 at 15:49. Reason: Posted soloution

Tags
lack of quality control