Active Topics

The instructions are still spot-on, though

QPST is quite illegal to distribute, so I can't help you there.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Visit http://hacktherazr.com/

Even though this site is dedicated to the RAZR, they have a very good download section (wink wink).

I tried following the steps in this thread to no avail. I had a Treo 650 which I easily paired with the N800. However when I tried to pair my LG Voyager - Verizon provider- with the N800 I could not get it to work. Even though I have paired it with the phone when I try to make the connection I keep getting "Authentication Failed" Can anybody help? Has anyone successfully connected to the LG Voyager?

Posts: 2 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2008 @ philadelphia
I also have had problems connecting. thanks to the generous people on this forum- I have been able to get my LG VX8300 and the N800 to recognize each other!
That's where the fun stopped.
I have the $60/month data plan with the USB modem- and thought maybe just maybe I can now use the n800 on the road- which is where I spend 1/3 of my life! Dragging out the laptop is sometimes not an option- therefore the N800....

What happens is when I try to connect- all seems to be going according to plan- the phone exhibits its EDVO messages- but then the N800 displays "Authentication failed"

I have checked my settings, used vzw as my password, used my mobile number with @vzw3g.com as user name and #777 as the dial up number.

I don't want to hack my mobile device as I'm always the one to get caught- and I don't have $800 to pay and then maybe get the payment reversed later...

Can anyone out there help me get over this last hurdle?

I really love the N800 when I can get to a hotspot- but that really doesn't happen too often!

Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

anor

Posts: 28 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Spokane WA
Anor,
try out this thread I found. http://www.aximsite.com/boards/x51-h...lg-vx8300.html Since you are already subscribing to EVDO broadband service I don't think they can try to charge you for connecting through your phone instead of usb dongle.
Isaac.S

I'm trying now to make a bluetooth connection on the XV6800 to the N810. I've installed the WM6_BT_DUN.cab but it still says connection failed to phone XXX. Not sure if anyone else has this phone on verizon with a data plan, but I thought I'd post and see if someone managed to get this to work for them.

Is there a registry edit I'm missing? Must I use pdanet? I'd rather ask for applying the trial and error approach and further...

I have sprint centro (Palm OS) with Win XP, and had same message. I was able to get rid of it by deleting devices from both PC and Centro in Bluetooth Trusted Devices. Then reboot PC. Add the device through the PC Control Panel/Bluetooth Devices/Devices/Add. It only seems to work when I use 0000 as the passkey. Letting windows choose passkey or choosing my own passkey other than 0000 did not work.

Originally Posted by isaacs View Post
Since you are already subscribing to EVDO broadband service I don't think they can try to charge you for connecting through your phone instead of usb dongle.
Isaac.S
verizon is quite draconian and very specific with the TOS

unless you subscribe to the data and tethering plans/options (very expensive- about $60/month as i remember) you cannot tether w/o violating the TOS

Posts: 50 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Nashville, TN
cool thread...

I tried to use the connection I had and it worked. However the first page I go to it says "you can use Verizon on the go etc etc etc... if you fork over $60 per month access fee, and a 5GB limit.

way to spoil my party

I have the treo 700/750wx can I did the process in the first few posts on this thread. I am on the verizon network. When the connectivity settings came up, I chose t-mobile, selected "data call" button, and used #777 for the phone number--no user, no password. Voila. Happy.