Active Topics

ok, the title says it all. i got too many icons at top bar, how do i get to the ones not shown without uninstalling the other.

Probably want to hit up the #maemo channel on freenode.

I, as a lot of people do, have this same issue - can someone give us a simple fix, other than 'hit up the #maemo channel on freenode'? I know that we have to do something like do the flash to log in as root, and something else. I have XTerm installed. I am not root yet. I will probably set myself as root and stay as root, and take my chances. I know the danger of being 'root'. I just want to be able to make some fairly simple changes. If you think about it, on a Windows CE device you are pretty much the root from the start.

These are simple questions and issues with ultra-complicated answers. I like the 770, but I don't like the restrictions.

What do you mean by too many icons? Do you mean the ones for WiFi, BT, etc? I've only got two extras up there: the BT KB and the Load plug-ins. Are there more?

Posts: 1,361 | Thanked: 115 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I believe the limit is six. I installed the clock applet and my BT KB icon disappeared. This may be deeply rooted in the interface, if you look at the documentation talking about how they sliced up the interface it seemed to be very specific.

Now what I'd LIKE, is to get rid of the default ones (ie brightness/contrast and sound volume). Those could easily be put under the app menu.

Also, I don't even have a cell phone much less a BT enabled one with a dataplan. That X'd out phone is looking pretty tiresome.

WHAT clock applet?! Where?

Mike I got bluetooth, clock, system resource/screen capture, display, sound, network connection, phone, battery. Check the maemo app. There's quite a few added!!!

I'm missing the bluetooth icon cause I got too many up there.

I'm talking about the installed applications. I just wanted to be able to group them into folders in the applications menu, like Games, Accessories, that sort of thing. If I install 2 more apps, it will roll off the screen.

There's a detailed HOWTO in the Wiki for the menus.

OK, I see the Clock applet here:

http://maemo.org/maemowiki/ApplicationCatalog

Must've missed it or not thought about it. Thanks.