By total chance I came across this thing today. I had never heard of it before, and it had not been mentioned on ITT yet, so I guess it's worth pointing out as a curio...

http://www.sibelle.org/nex/nmain.htm

So yes, it's, like, three years old and discontinued. Yes, it was never sold (officially) outside Asia. Yes, it "ran" Windows CE.Net (yuk). And yes, it was more like 1300$ than 300$... :-)

But look at the form factor, the size, the general layout (even the buttons!), the screen and resolution... the builtin Wifi (no BT though)... isn't this strange ? That baby was ahead of its time...

<BULLHORN ON>
...AND IT HAD AN OPTIONAL ULTRATHIN KEYBOARD AS A SCREEN COVER INSTEAD OF A STUPID COSMIC RAY SHIELDING -- NOKIA, COULDN'T YOU HAVE COPIED THAT TOO ?????????????
</BULLHORN OFF>

There, I said it :-)

Posts: 148 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Stimutax, AZ
Holy cow that's cool!

128MB RAM and a 400Mhz PXA.

Yeah, I wonder if I could find a used 160 keyboard and link it up to the 770 somehow.

Posts: 832 | Thanked: 75 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Phoenix, AZ
That is uncanny but the resolution looks rather low.

LVTT:

I forgot abiout it. Uncanny. But I thought I fondled one at PC Expo back when and I recall it being larger than the 770!

Wow - it actually has comparable specs... though was MUCH more expensive at release:
http://www.geek.com/news/geeknews/20...1217022481.htm

US$1,250

There were two other models by Samsung, the xp30 and xp40. The s160 sold reecently on ebay for over $450 and from time to time another pops up.

Bill

Posts: 3,220 | Thanked: 326 times | Joined on Oct 2005 @ "Almost there!" (Monte Christo, Count of)
Originally Posted by thoughtfix
That is uncanny but the resolution looks rather low.
It has exactly the same resolution as the 770. The dpi-ratio is a bit lower than the 770's, but only because the Nexio's screen is slightly bigger.

Originally Posted by gultig
Holy cow that's cool!
128MB RAM and a 400Mhz PXA.
Yeah, I wonder if I could find a used 160 keyboard and link it up to the 770 somehow.
I'm not an electronics wizard, but these custom connectors don't look enticing to me...:
http://www.sibelle.org/nex/nkybd.htm

If you really want to try, it seems Dynamism still has some left :-)

We can hope ThinkOutside makes a Stowaway for 770 owners.

I STILL think third party slider covers are the way to go.

yep, that would be cool. But it better have a TAB key ! :-)
(the Nexio's didn't...)
Something like the keyboard on the clamshell Zaurus, taking advantage of the extra width, would be a good start. Not to mention a Psion Series5 (*sigh*)