Active Topics

I have strip my screws beyond repair

i cannot unscrew the small screws on my n900 screen top part.

i would like to buy just the top half of the the n900. (screen/slide mechanism)

i am in the USA michigan.

contact me by email or call briangeo.geo (at) yahoo.com or text me at 773-234-6382

July 3rd 2011

none of these slolutions have worked. please call or email me

tried all these methods

IF you know what are you doing AND have a good machine / STEADY hand you can drill the head of the screws with a small drill. I did that with a few screws on an e71. After the head is off the rest of the screw is easy to remove.

Make your way trough the head as slow as possible. Stop often and check how much metal there is left, you don't want to drill the surroundings. When you're almost trough the head will snap off, you can do it without touching anything else but the screw head.

The Following User Says Thank You to icebox For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by icebox View Post
IF you know what are you doing AND have a good machine / STEADY hand you can drill the head of the screws with a small drill. I did that with a few screws on an e71. After the head is off the rest of the screw is easy to remove.

Make your way trough the head as slow as possible. Stop often and check how much metal there is left, you don't want to drill the surroundings. When you're almost trough the head will snap off, you can do it without touching anything else but the screw head.
risky.... but there was someone else who told me this also when speaking with them in person.

Your suggestion worked. Stopping often also because i didn't want to drill through the screen. I removed two or three screws this way. They were beyond repair.
Thank you