Active Topics

Posts: 90 | Thanked: 123 times | Joined on Apr 2012 @ Netherlands
Wasn't this the same guy from the tablet revival which never came?

The Following User Says Thank You to BonoNL For This Useful Post:
Posts: 943 | Thanked: 3,228 times | Joined on Jun 2010 @ Zagreb
Yes. And no. He really didn't have much to do with tablet as such except few contacts here and there. Tablet was not his project at all.
But some people will forever remember that

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kinggo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
Yes. And no. He really didn't have much to do with tablet as such except few contacts here and there. Tablet was not his project at all.
He did brought it to TMO as it was described it was very easy to think he was involved. Atleast I thought so until it went...full scam. But as far as care. it wasn't his fault in the end.

Impossible to know what and how it happen since we don't know any of these guys.

I think its good that this isn't a crowdfunding so I leave it with that and are excited to so if this will be a phone or not.

Might buy it or not. I think it comes down to price and what other cool devices pop-up this year with 5G and all.

when you think of it...a qwerty slider is also a cool, "new" form factor like samsung and huawei are trying to release.

I don't trust poeple without a Nokia n900...

Last edited by Dave999; 2019-01-26 at 11:08.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dave999 For This Useful Post:
From what I saw Chen washed his hands of it when the **** hit the fan......

I hope this one gets off the ground and delivered , but I can’t afford to lose anymore money on pipe dreams

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to tommo For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Originally Posted by kinggo View Post
The excessive use of 'we' was just to indicate his non-involvement of the project obviously

https://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?...8&postcount=22

Fx was also promised to launch in Q4 2018 and now that is already shifted to 'announcing in Q1' which perfectly follows the trends of youyota tablet and moto modkbd, both failed. But obviously everyone else's fault.

But sure this time it is different 'because a slice qwerty phone is easier to make than keyboard attachment or tablet where all the parts and sw are already there'

I'm in favour of this project succeeding because a lot of people would be extremely let down if it failed (making someone happy with a dead bird we say here) and extremely happy if it succeeded and lived up to the hype. Then again I would not hold my breath over it let alone give 1E.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,478 | Thanked: 9,871 times | Joined on Dec 2008 @ Shanghai / London
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post

Fx was also promised to launch in Q4 2018 and now that is already shifted to 'announcing in Q1' which perfectly follows the trends of youyota tablet and moto modkbd, both failed. But obviously everyone else's fault.
Just to correct you for some basic facts. Livermorium keyboard mod was not failed, but cancelled. It was developed and shipped to a small number of backers, and refunded to the backers who did not receive if they chose to.

And I am not satisfied to it's quality working with the Moto phone. At least not with me. I believe it's better cancelling a project and refund it to buyers if not in a satisfing state, rather than charge a fortune and deliver some useless cr@ps like someone right?

No comment on the tablet. Though, it's not Livermorium's project

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chenliangchen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,104 | Thanked: 5,652 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Holland
Well you failed to deliver the product you promised to the backers after more than a year of delays, but if you are more comfortable calling that 'cancelled' at that point sure
Bit of a stretch but sure.

No comment on the tablet.... Haha haha ha ha ha.

Seems like pointing the finger and backing away is quite a strong point of you.

Hey Dave, we are NOT Jolla. Yes we pay them licence, they will do the software and SW optimisation, and future updates. But product wise we are not related with them.

And again what Jolla claimed has nothing to do with us, and looks like Jolla told the truth - there is no components left at the time, that's why we checked all the suppliers that we can BUY again.

How do you think we have them already?

Seriously Dave, you should point to Jolla, not us. What they did before has nothing to do with this. We are just trying to fill the demand Jolla failed to deliver, with some improvement as much as we can.

If you think this is a scam - fine. But please at least have some dignity for you and others, if you are angry with Jolla then go for Jolla, nothing to do here.
Haha that 'have some dignity on yourself' i think you also sent to me about a year before moto modkbd was 'cancelled'

Sure no you have zero comments on tablet, i would try to sweep that under the rug also if I were you. Moto modkbd also not your fault obviously.

But now everything is different, and all haters are fake news haha

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dirkvl For This Useful Post:
Moderator | Posts: 3,715 | Thanked: 7,419 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bize Her Yer Trabzon
Originally Posted by dirkvl View Post
Well you failed to deliver the product you promised to the backers after more than a year of delays, but if you are more comfortable calling that 'cancelled' at that point sure
Bit of a stretch but sure.

No comment on the tablet.... Haha haha ha ha ha.

Seems like pointing the finger and backing away is quite a strong point of you.

Haha that 'have some dignity on yourself' i think you also sent to me about a year before moto modkbd was 'cancelled'

Sure no you have zero comments on tablet, i would try to sweep that under the rug also if I were you. Moto modkbd also not your fault obviously.

But now everything is different, and all haters are fake news haha
Dirk, seriously... He refunded everyone that asked for the refund. He didn't even need to do that.

Yes, the moto keyboard was in fact canceled. Afaik, there were suddenly problems with the support of Motorola.
I wonder how many people actually used the hwkbd that you've developed. It was quite hard for me to use to press the keys. But that's a different story...

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that either one of you is good or bad, but I am not someone who's gonna laugh at someone that is actually working hard to achieve something. Something that many of us are willing to happen for many years.

So, don't be that guy (read: jerk) who is trying to tackle someone on his journey. Otherwise, the only thing that I can smell, is just you being envy.

The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to HtheB For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,139 | Thanked: 8,156 times | Joined on Feb 2013 @ From my Gabriola Island hermitage, near the Edge of the World
I know we have a dedicated sub for "New and Shiny"
And this whole topic of "delivery of goods" right or wrong (I am not about to wade into ..I have my own views and experiences good and bad like many here...but that isn't my point or suggestion..)
and the hopes, aspirations and accompanying vitriol are understandable...

But I think that we are wise enough as a community to deal with these issues.
And if not ...
then...
it is time to pull up your Big Boy and Big Girl pants and act the part if you can't be the part.

Here is my suggestion.
And I think it a very good one...
aimed at helping all sides ...investors ....start ups ...and our community's sanity ..as much as anything..

I suggest a sub forum for all the "Start Ups"
They shouldn't be allowed to be slipped into the "General" subforum or "the Latest and Greatest" or put wherever in the forum the poster pleases.

I suggest severe segregation, and disclaimers at the top of that sub forum.

1- Disclaimers stating "This is the area for dialogue on the stated products" not elsewhere in other sub forums"

2- Disclaimers warning investors and the project spokespeople alike ..

3- Disclaimers warning to be prepared for the possibility of the loss of their investment and to be prepared for possible disappointment,
as equally as to be prepared for the possibility of success.

4- Disclaimers warning to the spokesperson as well, that well founded and understandable criticism and upset is to be expected as equally as praise for successes.

I firmly and resolutely believe we need to quarantine our community from this rampant "start up" virus we seem to have contracted over the last 5 years now...and which if nothing else is just getting worse ..
If the forum as a whole is looked at...this issue is almost at flooding par of our perpetual issue dealing with spammers...
The only differences between the two being all these Start Ups have snuck in quietly over a protracted period and are now at an alarming level in our forum and the other difference being..the offending initial spam post is deleted and the offender kicked out.

Allowing dedicated threads and dedicated sub forums to accrue corpses of "coming soon" (but never delivered) , "still working on it" (but never done) and past failures to just free float like dead fish on top of the water ...full of initially hopeful individuals ...turned to very upset human beings by the end....in our forum... just doesn't sit well with me.

If a poll is wished, it can done to assess if this is an adequate means of preserving the integrity of Talk Maemo...
which I believe is supposed to be about MAEMO here...
if memory serves...
Not "Talk Start Up"

However...I do believe everyone deserves a voice...and I consequently believe in a balanced approach to the topic ...

I suggest moving all Start Up thread projects and discussions to a contained sub forum.
That includes the dormant ones and dead ones..
which can be put in equally their own space to rot.

A good start would be for the mods to begin moving All these projects and discussion to a created sub forum,
including all neo900 discussion and its own sub forum (which I am still amazed got approval to have ) which is a free floating whale corpse at present.

And for folks concerned about the amount of "Filler" here at Talk Maemo ...this certainly would clean up the forum from people just walking in and posting anywhere they please, the project they are shilling.

I suggest a good starting point is to put all threads that fit the bill of the "valid and as yet undelivered" ,
the "coming soon",
the "still in development",
the unproven,
the delayed,
the dormant,
the cancelled,
the dead,
and the snake oil salesmen who never intended to do anything...
ALL of them, into a subforum of their own.
They can be managed much easier there.

As an aside to this same topic.
Start ups come here to shill ...to hawk their wares ..to promote and encourage investors to fork out coin to them.
Plain and simple.
This is a one-stop-shop for the tech addicts of our forum.
Its a ripe target.

These folks walk in ...claim a free space ...rake in the coin they can...
deliver or not...and walk away.

Contain them.

Put them and discussion in a contained and heavily disclaimer-ed area.
In the best interests of everyone here.

Hell...charge them ...even if it is a pittance ...for the space they desire here ...to pull money from folks..
But don't go giving away the space for free...especially under the pretence that it isn't ethical...
When the ethical issue does not reside with the community forum at all...
being wise enough to manage this place to curtail abuse of the forum and its members by those possibly attempting to take advantage of the members here, and to contain the expected vitriol from endeavours that fail ...
however ...
is wise..
and is ethically responsible.

Owner of :
1-n770 (in retirement), 3-n800's / 3-n810's (still in daily use), 5-n900's ((3 are flawless, 1 loose usb ( parts), 1 has no telephony (parts))
3-nexus 5's : 1 w/ Floko Pie 9.1 (running beautifully) waiting for Stable Droid 10 rom, 1 w/ ̶Ubuntu Touch, 1 with Maru OS (intend maemo leste when ready)

1/2 - neo900 pre- "purchased" in 2013. N̶o̶w̶ ̶A̶w̶a̶i̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶r̶e̶f̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶c̶e̶s̶s̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶f̶e̶w̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ - neo900 start up declared officially dead -
Lost invested funds.

PIMP MY N8X0 (Idiot's Guide and a video walkthrough)http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94294
THE LOST GRONMAYER CATALOGShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ight=gronmayer
N8X0 VIDEO ENCODING THE EASY WAYhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php...ght=mediacoder
242gb ON N800http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=90634
THE PAIN-FREE MAEMO DEVELOPMENT LIVE DISTRO-ISO FOR THE NOOB TO THE PROhttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=95567
AFFORDABLE MASS PRODUCTION FOR MAEMO PARTShttp://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=93325

Meateo balloons now available @ Dave999's Meateo Emporium

Last edited by endsormeans; 2019-01-27 at 13:42.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to endsormeans For This Useful Post:
Posts: 528 | Thanked: 895 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Moscow, Russia
Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Don't get me wrong, I am not saying that either one of you is good or bad, but I am not someone who's gonna laugh at someone that is actually working hard to achieve something. Something that many of us are willing to happen for many years.

So, don't be that guy (read: jerk) who is trying to tackle someone on his journey. Otherwise, the only thing that I can smell, is just you being envy.
I just have to put my 5 cents (also, hello there!). Not that anyone needs any defense here, but TBH you're trying to shift the reality here quite a lot. Just look at Dirk's or mine twitter feed or KS feed during the campaign - we were reporting on everything considered TOHKBD, the goods and the bads. Yes, it was not perfect (we would have done better with our current state of knowledge on how things work) but it was absolutely the best we could do at that point in time and we've worked our asses for it, you can be sure (Dirk especially). We've basically used none of the KS funds on R&D and prefered to ship rather than to tweak key presses to perfection remotely. We can't thank enough our friends and partners in China, Jolla, Shapeways and Lastu for their insights and help.
All things considered - you can call Dirk whatever you want, jerk, envious prick, I have a feeling he doesn't quite care, all he cares about (and me too for that matter) is crowdfunding community and spirit being raped sideways by unreliable or just dumb "enterpreneurs" with "their own way". Cheers.

P.S.: Also: "He didn't even need to do that." - sure, in a reality of conscienceless garbage.

Last edited by wazd; 2019-01-31 at 13:39.

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to wazd For This Useful Post:

Tags
n950 revival, q-device, qwerty keyboard, sailfishos, sailingchen