Notices

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Originally Posted by Iikkuli View Post
I've now rebooted twice, last time also removed battery but still can't see the widget on my desktop. Hmm. Should it appear on all of the Irreco downloadable apps? I downloaded Irreco for N900 and also the lirc app.
I don't have irreco installed, but AFAIR the irwi showed up by itself after some time (or reboot?). It's also available in the widgets list to add to the desktop (accidentally deleted it and had to add it again).

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Checked the widget list and can't see it there either.. Bizarre. Maybe I have to wait if it appeared. Or if someone has a better idea please share your knowledge!

Originally Posted by Iikkuli View Post
I donwloaded the Irreco but somehow I can't find the widget anywhere. Any good suggestions where i could download it? Doesn't appear to be in application manager -> multimedia folder where all the other Irreco apps were... Anyone to help me?
Irreco Widget is currently in the Extras devel repository. Have you enabled it?

We created a short YouTube video which shows installation&usage of IrrecoWidget. Watch it now from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAF2I1iEwbY

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2010 @ Finland
Originally Posted by bomep View Post
Irreco Widget is currently in the Extras devel repository. Have you enabled it?
I believe all of them are in the Extras devel repository? And yes i had it enabled when tried to search for it. Have to watch the video once i get on my computer.

Posts: 1,559 | Thanked: 1,786 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Boston
Okay, here are the bugs i discovered after watching your video and messing around with settings:
  • The lirc.conf file doesn't appear until i choose "Defaults" in "Advanced Settings". Before i do that, there are only two entries in the "Advanced Settings" list (remoteMfg and remoteName), but i can use the downloaded remotes fine.
  • After restoring defaults, lirc.conf exists and all the other entries are in "Advanced Settings", but now the remote doesn't work, even if i load either of two remotes that were working before.

Also, from a UI perspective, It's a bit confusing to exit the widget settings by tapping outside the window. This is normally a "Cancel", so it's not clear that it's going to keep whatever changes are made. A "Done" button would be more clear.

Edit: Even removing irwi widget from the desktop, deleting the contents of .config/irwi, re-adding irwi widget, downloading the remote doesn't fix the remote. Irwi has been completely broken since i "restored defaults".

If it's helpful for diagnosis, i'm using either the LCD or VX33L remotes for Vizio. They both worked before i tried "Defaults".

Unofficial PR1.3/Meego 1.1 FAQ

Classic example of arbitrary Nokia decision making. Couldn't just fallback to the no brainer of tagging with lat/lon if network isn't accessible, could you Nokia?
MAME: an arcade in your pocket
Accelemymote: make your accelerometer more joy-ful

Last edited by Flandry; 2010-07-21 at 13:46.

Posts: 12 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Nov 2010 @ Florida
Hey guys, awesome widget. Unfortunately, i cant really use it since all of the remotes i need dont work.

Since this thread is a 'request a remote' thread, i guess i shall contribute

1. LG model:42LG30-UD AUSOLJR (42" LCD TV, United States)
2. Scientific Atlanta model:EXPLORER 4250HDC (Cable Box, Brighthouse Networks cable company, United States)
3. Magnavox model: MWK20V6 (DVD/VCR Combo, United States)

Also, i see there's an XBOX360 remote (havent had a chance to test), is there also a PS3 remote (if PS3 is even capable)? or a Wii (if capable)?

Sorry for the torrent of dumb questions, but its best to let everyone know how much you dont know, than to have them assume how much you dont know. And i obviously dont know much...yay education

EDIT: One more thing, can the LIRC (or whatever database irreco uses) be configured like a standard universal remote? Can it "learn" commands from an existing remote, like other universal remotes do, and just save the remote as 'CUSTOM'?

This would be useful if you want to program the volume buttons to control the tv and the channel buttons to control the cable box. See what i mean?

Anyway, thanks for taking the time to read my crazy side of the story.

Last edited by vebulous; 2010-11-25 at 21:39. Reason: added "dont"

I would love to use this widget but my toshiba brand is not on the list. I was hoping it could be added if that was possible. The model is 37AV502R. Thanks for the great program.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
Does anyone know what remote i download for this tv please?

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...SAMSUNG+37.htm

Thankyou

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 5 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bham, Uk
I too have enabled extras-devel and also watched the video, but i can't find the widget in the list at all? :S