Before you ask, I did search all I could. Tried a bunch of suggestions, nothing worked so far, but I'll keep trying looking for an answer on my own.

In the meantime, help me if you can, guys.

So, I got another N900 recently. It discharges way too fast, but that's another story. I'm having trouble reflashing the device back to zero config.

When I try running the flasher while trying to reset EMMC, this is what I get:

SU_SETUP_AUX_DATA_PIPE_REQ terminated with error code 6
SU_GET_UPDATE_STATUS_REQ terminated with error code 1

What I've noticed going wrong / random facts that might help:

* If I plug the phone into the PC choosing Mass Storage Mode, only the external memory card gets loaded.
* BackupMenu won't load if I try booting the phone with the keyboard slided out.
*I had trouble moving files from MyDocs, but I'm not sure if this is the " Read-Only" thing people have asked help about.
*MyDocs / rootfs have had space transfered from one to another in gParted, but gParted won't even notice the phone anymore.

This is all I've noticed so far.

Help me TMO, you're my only help.

Posts: 391 | Thanked: 908 times | Joined on Aug 2011 @ suncity
Hi,

I do not know if I can help, but based on my experiences maybe I can try.

First of all: what system are you using for flashing (Windows, Linux...)?
For me Windows XP SP3 worked best and flawlessly, so I recommend you to try flashing with that (of course I do not state that other ways won't work!!!).
I'm sure you already found this, but I would like to show, just in case: https://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_firmware.

I have no clue what the error messages mean, but I found this: http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=73147.
Or maybe you can take a look at this: https://bugs.maemo.org/show_bug.cgi?id=7433.

For me the random facts mean that something is wrong with the eMMC so that facts won't disappear until you can flash it.

For me the worst case scenario is that something physical is wrong with the eMMC (physical damage for example)...

The Following User Says Thank You to justmemory For This Useful Post:
I had gone through most of the links you posted, I'm afraid.

I don't have solid evidence to guess so, but I think this has more to do with what I've done with the phone and a HW failure, btw.

Bumping this thread. Won't anyone else give me a hand?

edit:
I read that attempting to flash a Rescue initrd and Rescue kernel would be useful. Most links to such packages point to meego.org, which is dead and gone for a long while.

If this package is useful, does it still exist somewhere?

Last edited by number41; 2015-06-02 at 14:33.

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post:
I still have my n900 with broken gsm, emmc and I have a lot of I/O errors in dmesg so check it.
Originally Posted by number41 View Post
I read that attempting to flash a Rescue initrd and Rescue kernel would be useful. Most links to such packages point to meego.org, which is dead and gone for a long while.
There is rescueOS

The Following User Says Thank You to elros34 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by elros34 View Post
I still have my n900 with broken gsm, emmc and I have a lot of I/O errors in dmesg so check it.

There is rescueOS
Well, I did something stupid and deleted the partitions as suggested in one topic. The phone won' t boot anymore, as expected, but no sign of getting it to flash the eMMC.

RescueOS worked and still works fine, tho.

How can I check for IO errors using dmesg? And is there some tutorial on how to flash the device using RescueOS?

Also, how can I return the partitions back to their normal size? And what partition table should I use?

Well If you didn't notice flood of I/O errors in rescueos then maybe it's not hardware.
In rescueos type command:
/sbin/modprobe g_file_storage file=/dev/mmcblk1 (or 0) stall=0 removable=1
and you will have whole emmc exported so you can use pc to repartition it according to for example
https://wiki.maemo.org/Repartitioning_the_flash
There is nothing special in emmc image (except same media files) so you don't have to flash it. Proper partitioning and then flashing fresh firmware it's enough. I was doing a similar procedure repeatedly in broken n900 except that I used sd card as a emmc.

Coudl you please provide me a step-by-step instruction of what to do? I can't figure out what's to de done after that command.

Also, the repartioning the flash guide provides instructions for changing partition sizes from gParted (which I have here), but doesn't provide any on how to fully rebuild the partitions back to their factory state. I would greatly appreciate help with this.

I'm also going through search engines trying to find help on how to do that, but there's no topic on getting the partitions back to what they once were... I'll try searching now for a thread on deleted partitions, but so far, no luck.

I attempted the solution proposed by tcbl50 (thanks, man!) on http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...8&postcount=13 :

Originally Posted by tcbl50 View Post
dude i had a similar problem with the same error but i followed these instructions n i was able to flash emmc...

flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.19-1_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin -f

change kernel with
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.42-11_PR_COMBINED_MR0_ARM.bin' --flash-only=kernel -f

Restore emmc with vanilla
flasher-3.5 -F RX-51_2009SE_10.2010.13-2.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin' -f -R

hope it works for you
It worked flawlessly. I also had some trouble with getting the windows flasher to work, which was overcome by using linux. I also had some trouble getting the computer to detect the USB device, which was overcome by using the foolproof procedure described in the Updating the Firmware wiki article. Computer changes were reverted by deleting the /etc/ files created with the echo command (I hope).

Device is brand new again! Thanks to all who have helped!

The Following User Says Thank You to number41 For This Useful Post: