Posts: 56 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Mar 2012 @ Novosibirsk, Russia
Hello,

for the some time now I am experiencing extremely weird issue on my N9 with stock Harnattan PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_001): in some SMS messages transliterated from Cyrillic to Latin '6' is displayed instead of '2' (so e.g. the year 2016 is displayed as 6016). Attempt to copy message somewhere or forward it preserves this incorrect print.
This is particularly annoying since some of such messages are one-time-passwords from online bank accounts etc. I cannot pipoint what particular action from my side triggered this behavior, but this is getting worse over time (probably because more online services switching to the particular message format triggering this behavior).

Could anyone advise on now to pinpoint/fix/work-around the issue or what this could ever be at all.

Thank you,
Serge.

Posts: 559 | Thanked: 1,017 times | Joined on May 2008 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Loginin View Post
Hello,

for the some time now I am experiencing extremely weird issue on my N9 with stock Harnattan PR1.3 (40.2012.21-3_PR_001): in some SMS messages transliterated from Cyrillic to Latin '6' is displayed instead of '2' (so e.g. the year 2016 is displayed as 6016).
I (and a couple of other users) had this same behaviour after I applied a fix for the emoticon bug. I got it fixed by reinstalling the emojifix packages.

There is information about that in this thread: https://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?t=94027

If you have open mode enabled fixing this should be quite straightforward.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OVK For This Useful Post: